firefox-dev is a mailing list with one explicit goal:
- Offer an easy, transparent venue for getting constructive, Firefox-related development work done and providing development status updates.
and some explicit non-goals:
- It does not offer community members the chance to post until they get satisfaction about their concerns.
- It is not a suitable forum for requesting or offering technical support for users of Firefox
- It is not a suitable forum for unsolicited Firefox feature requests or suggestions
Topics related to add-on development in Firefox are best asked on the Add-ons Matrix channel.
firefox-dev is a moderated list:
- Participants must abide by Mozilla's Community Participation Guidelines
- Anyone can subscribe and read the messages
- Anyone can post. By default, posts will be reviewed by a moderator before being sent to the list
- A smaller number of contributors will be added to a pre-approved-posting list, and their postings will go directly to the list without having to first be reviewed by a moderator
- Posts which are ranting, venting, and being unnecessarily argumentative may not go to the list
Messages need to abide by two simple rules to be approved by the moderators:
- Be nice (in other words, no personal attacks, ranting, etc.)
- Be constructive (in other words, no whining, repetition, venting, etc.)
Membership of the pre-approved-posting list is subject to temporary or permanent suspension. Abuse or conduct complaints should be sent to <firstname.lastname@example.org> or <email@example.com>.
This policy is expected to evolve at the discretion of the list-owner (<firstname.lastname@example.org>).
There are read-only archives available: