- 11:00am PDT (18:00 UTC)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- join irc.mozilla.org #bonecho for backchannel
- Bon Echo Beta 2 Status
- Bon Echo RC1 Planning
- Theme, Software Update, Phishing Protection, JS 1.7
- Any new areas of concern?
- Schedule Update
- Any Other Business
Bon Echo Beta 2 Status
- Firefox 2 blockers for Beta 2 (Zaroo boogs!)
Beta 2 Release Date
- On target to release Thursday, Aug 31st assuming no stop-ship items discovered in L10N builds which are now available as candidates
- locales look to be in pretty good shape
- we'll be updating Alpha1/2/3 and Beta1 users to Beta2 upon release
- schrep to check AUS pings to see if we need to update Beta1RC1 users, too
Bon Echo RC1 Status
- Firefox 2 blockers for post beta 2 (100+ remaining, ~4 of which are unowned)
- if you own a blocker and either see no clear path to resolution or have no time to complete, please mark as [at risk]
- drivers are starting to take less and less risk (see schrep's recent devnews post for details)
- schrep: product is in good shape, but without really good regression testing coverage and understanding of risk we simply can't afford to take patches this late in the game
- schrep: we have about as much development time between now and RC as we do for a dot-dot security/support release
- myk: are the lists being revisited to ensure everything on them are actually blockers?
- schrep: mconnor/beltzner are handling the Firefox2 list, I'm handling the 1.8.1 list, we're in decent shape
- tracking bug is bug 328065
- a large number of blockers are than theme releated blockers (more than 30)
- keep filing issues, CSS and icon tweaks can be taken late
- if you have code changes, get them done sooner than the CSS and image issues!
- seth: talked to marcia and davel about test plans, one bug has come up (minor UI issue, trying to determine if it's a regression/real)
- beltzner: still thinking of doing a nightly update as a major to see how that's going to work?
- schrep: should do that a week after beta2 sometime to give build team time to recuperate from the beta2 release
- seth: when we fake the major update there's a "never" button that we'll need to make sure doesn't hurt users
- several new blockers to meet server side requirements (tracked in bug 349227)
- tony: everything seems on track, plans in place, just implementation, awaiting review on a couple of bugs
- Jesse's fuzzer is finding fewer and fewer problems and is testing more and more
Any new areas of concern?
- brettw: want to make sure the dictionary download site is in the release notes
- Firefox Beta 2: tentative Aug 31st release
- RC1 lockdown: tentative Sept 13th at 11:59pm PDT
Any Other Business