< Firefox3.1 | StatusMeetings
« previous week | index | next week »
Firefox 3.1/Gecko 1.9.1 Meeting Details
- Tuesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 217 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 217 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel
- purpose of this meeting (fill in notes later)
- going over scope (fill in notes later)
- product side
- platform side
- things that don't get into 3.1 slide into 4
- Places (dietrich, marco?, mano?, sdwilsh?)
- query builder: bug 436380, being de-prioritized
- awesomebar enhancements: show keywords bug 392143?, edit middle bug 407888?, restrict match bug 395161?
- performance issues: allowing people to delete things, fsync, query performance in transaction manager, mozStorage/SQLLite
- tagging UI: autocomplete ((bug 415960)), quick tagging UI (bug 434946), bulk tagging/editing (bug 412002)
- Misc Projects
- clare: working on EM to get better indication of compatibility for updates
- paul: cleaning up UI/behaviour at shutdown, working on pwd manager stuff with justin
- justin: looking at feasibility of more site-specific notifications/UI from the site identity button, form manager triage, notification work, performance work
- Software update priv elevation, OS integration on Vista
- performance work on JS
- <video> tag
- ACID 3 improvements
- keith: CSS transform property
- SMILE (animated SVG)
- SVG-CSS properties
- vlad working on pixman/cairo perf
- offline fixes
- worker threads
- new features are very unlikely to be blockers
- regressions & must haves are blockers
- want-to-haves are "wanted"
- wanted-P1s: a good set of these items makes a compelling release
- wanted-P2s: medium running task, not as high priority
- wanted-P3s: nice to have, would take patches / apply some effort here
Proposed Schedule (draft, not final)
- ship in 4Q/08 or 1Q/09
- first alpha in july
- when can we be API frozen?
- when can we expect to be feature frozen?
- first beta in august
- when can we expect features to land?
- KaiRo: feature freeze for platform is an important date for other apps building on the toolkit (both SM2 and TB3 look to be targetting 1.9.1)
- not at all set up on Mercurial
- need support from IT and Build to get this ready
- need to get this ready for the first beta
The list of open items as laid out in .planning:
- localizers need write access to hg.
- unclear status of existing access checks on hg
- unclear status of required access checks on hg
- need imports of cvs into l10n hg repositories
- hg convert worked at least for 'de'
- not sure if that's the right tool. Only import trunk? If so, how?
- compare-locales support now that client.mk doesn't offer LOCALES_$(app) anymore
- mxr support spanning all l10n repos
- that should enable us to use mxr search links for bugs spanning several localizations
- pushlog with file information, committer, and comment spanning all 3.1 localizations, both human readable and machine readable, with at least time span given.
- EXPAND_LOCALE_SRCDIR needs to at least resolve to where the l10n repos end up, http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/config/config.mk#892
- none this week
- build automation needs to be tested/confirmed as working with Mercurial
- down a man for the next few weeks
- offer major update from 3.0.1pre -> 3.1pre?
- not needed at this time
- upcoming bugzilla reorg
- might throw off triage queries
- everyone should review the changes that are about to be made
- earlier the better