- Note: Dates tentative and depending on release of 2.0
- RC1 Available: One day after 2.0 release, Wednesday, October 25
- Tentative Ship Dates: Tuesday, November 7th
- Nominations Deadline:
- Patch Approval Request Deadline:
- Code Freeze (Checkin Deadline):
- First Candidates Available: Tuesday, October 17 (Firefox)
- Bug Verifications: Ongoings starting Tuesday, October 17
- Smoketests: Wednesday, October 25
- BFTs: Wednesday, Thursday, October 25, 26
- Post to the QA blog for Community Testing: Tuesday, October 31
- Focus/Exploratory Testing: Thursday, Friday, November 2, 3
- l10n + Update Testing: Monday, November 6th
- Live Update Testing: Tuesday, November 7th
- Special Distro Spotchecks: Thursday, Friday, Monday, November 10, 11, 13
- Special Distro Updates Checks: Tuesday, Wednesday, November 14, 15
- RC1 builds: Wednesday, October 25
- l10n builds: Friday, October 27
- Notify Partners and Distributors of final RC: Basil, Monday, November 6th
- Prep Security Notes and Notify Security Group: Monday, November 6th
- Release Signing + Staging: Monday, November 6th
- Final Release: Tuesday, November 7th
- Special Distro Repackaging: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday November 8, 9, 10
- Special Distro Release: Thursday, November, 16
General Info & Status
- Tinderbox Page - For latest build status, bug queries, and checkins.
Firefox 188.8.131.52 Test Plan <-- MoCo QA tasks and results are here.
- includes the General Firefox 1.5.0.x Test Plan
In order to get more coverage on fixes going in for Firefox 184.108.40.206, we need the community to help test the latest RC candidates or nightly "-mozilla1.8.0" branch builds while looking at the current list of fixed220.127.116.11 bugs (excluding XForms bugs). Here are a few ways to help:
- BFTs & Regression Testing: Running through a set of BFTs on Litmus is the best way to test basic functionality and explore various areas for regressions.
- Extensions & Themes Testing: Install and use some of your favorite extensions and themes. Try a few new ones from addons.mozilla.org to make sure everything works as expected.
- Minor/Major Software Updates: We have to make sure minor updates work as expected, since the client will now have the ability to do major updates in the near future. Please go through the test cases in Litmus that go through this functionality, Revised Software Update Tests.
Links to official list of released locals:
- ja-JP-mac (mac primarily)
- Results from Search Properties Checker
These are locales that changed for 18.104.22.168. They need locale owner signoff and extra check by Mozilla QA. check ins