General Firefox 188.8.131.52 Test Plan
This is the basic set of tests we run for every security & maintenance release.
Description of Release
This is a firedrill release to fix security and stability issues that became clear after Firefox 184.108.40.206 went out the door.
Specific Test Plan for this Release
- Ongoing: Bug Verifications
- Code Freeze: 10/25
- Bug Verifications: 10/25 - 2 people
- Smoketests: 10/26 - 10:00 AM (2 hours) - Eggplant automation
- Windows BFTs: 10/26 - 12:00 PM (4 hours) - 3 people
- l10n Testing: 10/29 - 10:00 AM (3 hours) - 3 people
- Betatest Channel Testing: 10/29 - 1:00 PM (2 hours) - 3 people
- Beta Channel Testing: 10/29 - 3:00 PM (2 hours) - 3 people
Release to Beta channel on Monday, 10/29 at 3:00 PM.
- Releasetest & Release Update Testing: 11/1 - 12:00 PM (6 hours) - 2 people
- Release to World: 11/1 - 4:00 PM
|Firefox 220.127.116.11||Team PASS|
|Firefox 18.104.22.168rc1||Team PASS||Team PASS|
- Smoketests and BFTs
- l10n related testing
- Updates Testing
- Addon Test Results
- Distro Test Results
- Security Regression tests
- Top Sites (See FFT)
- Key extensions
- Gross memory usage
When you verify the bug is fixed:
- If you test on Trunk, resolve it as VERIFIED FIXED
- If you test on 1.8.1.x branch, replace the fixed22.214.171.124 keyword with verified126.96.36.199
- Fixed Bugs for 188.8.131.52
- If you don't see an easy way to verify or need further clarification add a comment to the bug or add "[needs testcase]" (without quotes) to the bug's Status Whiteboard.
Target Bugs to Verify
- 391412: Regression in float layout causing "clear:" to be ignored
- 400467: Java broken on Vista after Firefox 184.108.40.206 upgrade (says Java Not Found, Or Not Working)
- 400406: Layout badly broken in 220.127.116.11, CSS issue with floats or negative margins or display property...
- 400421: Removing AREA element makes the image disappear
- 400714: Flash crashes on Mac skyrocketed in Firefox 18.104.22.168
- 400735: New startup crash [@ nsXBLBinding::AllowScripts]
Dependent Bugs to Verify
Bug List Here