Firefox:2.0 QA Activities:L10n Test Plan:Beta2RC2 MacOS fr
fr Mac Visual Verification Results
Tester: juanb Platform: Intelmac Date: August 30
Overall Status: PASS
Key findings: It is consistent with Win32 observations. However it is not clear from the specs whether all search plugins should be there, nor is their order specified. In addition, the phishint protection warning links point to unlocalized pages, and that is not mentioned in the spec.
There was also a problem found in the Help content, but nothing major.
This is info that normally comes out of the Litmus L10n test suite
- About: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; fr; rv:1.8.1b2) Gecko/20060821 Firefox/2.0b2
- Talkback ID: 2006082115
- Key URLS
- First run URL: There are two tabs, active tab has: http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2006/07/12/firefox-2-beta-1-milestone-released/
- and the other tab has: http://www.google.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official
- Start page:
- URL: http://www.google.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official
- Powered by: Google
- Menus/context Menus: PASS
- Ensure that dialogs for Extensions and Themes appear properly
- Add an extention PASS
- Ext/Themes Dialogs Status: PASS
- Search Engines functionality
- Icons: PASS
- Basic functionality
- type in a search term in each and check that a page from the appropriate engine comes back and the page look right. The search result should make sense and the page should be rendered properly
- Status: PASS
- Bookmark menu - See trademark section
- translated: Yes. One of the links within the help content ("Pr�f�rences de t�l�chargement") brings up an error.
- General status: PASS
- Check prefs dialog, etc.
- General Status: PASS
- Check the Search Engines Requirements Doc for locale specific requirements
- Locale specific requirements found for this locale? YES (needs to include MdiaDICO)
- Defaulte requirements are:
- Google default and first for all locales except CJK (zh-CN, zh-TW, Ja, Ko)
- Yahoo default and first for CJK
- Other engines should be same as en-US (Amazon.com, Answers.com, creative commons, ebay): No, this one includes Wikipedia as well and Amazon has the fr suffix.
- Meets Search engine requirements: PASS - amazon.fr is ok
- Default: Google, and search redirects to fr
- Set: Google, Yahoo Amazon.fr, MediaDICO, Wikipedia (FR), eBay France
- These should follow the guidelines of Yahoo, Google and Answers.com have suggest turned on. Others are off. Check the Search Engines Requirements Doc for locale specific requirements
- Do a quick functional test that the suggest feature returns reasonable suggestions that a typical user might expect.
- Status: Google: yes; Yahoo: yes; Answers.com is not present in this locale; PASS (but search suggestions may reflect English searches)
- Requirement: keep same URLs as en-US ; can change title in menu to localized version. No additional URLs allowed. Unless specified in one of the requirements docs referenced elsewhere in the checklist. (no bookmark exceptions specified at the time of this writing)
- Note: redirection was just turned on. Need to double check this against en-US. Some URLs might have changed.
- Check these:
- Add-ons - addons.mozilla.org
- Bookmark Toolbar Folder submenu:
- Firefox Central - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/central/
- RSS Feed - BBC
- Mozilla Firefox submenu
- Overall status: PASS
RSS feed readers
- Check the RSS Requirements Doc
- Are the locale specific specifications for this locale?: YES, pending approval
- Default requirement is Bloglines, Google, Yahoo: OK
- This info can also be found under "about:config"
- Check in Preferences.../RSS Feeds dialog: OK
- Order: Bloglines, Yahoo, Google
- Overall Status: PASS
- Check the RSS Requirements Doc for locale specific requirtements: fr has requirements but they are pending approval.
- Default requirement is that BBC is in tool bar and no other feed should be there: fr has a pending requirment of having LeFigaro as the default feed, but right not it stays as BBC
- Status: PASS
- Report Phishing Site menu item is translated, but google page itself is not.
- Security preferences is translated, and Terms of Service is in Spanish, and links within that go to Google are also translated
- Links within phishing warning are not translated
- Overall Status: PASS