We hope you are getting excited about the upcoming conference. We are thrilled to be bringing together so many Mozilla contributors and are planning on this being a very successful event.
In hope to limit the amount of confusion that might occur as each person seeks reimbursement for expenses, we've decided to create a simple step-by-step procedure for you to follow to ensure you receive proper reimbursement.
For FOSDEM 2008, Mozilla's policy covers the following expenses:
1) Hotel room for Friday, February 22 and Saturday, February 23. Arrangements have been made and rooms have already been pre-paid by Mozilla.
2) Mozilla will also pay for the least expensive air or rail transportation to FOSDEM (as approved by Anne-Julie Ligneau or Pascal Chevrel)
3) Mozilla will also pay for the cost of train or shuttle travel to and from airports. Mozilla will not be able to pick up the cost of taxi rides from the airport to the hotel due to the costly nature of long-distance taxi rides. However, for those who travel to Brussels by train, Mozilla will help cover local transportation from the train station to the hotel (including taxi fare). But please keep in mind, Mozilla will not be able to pay for the cost of taxi-rides from the hotel to the airport or vice versa.
4) Other travel related expenses: In this case, if you are grabbing a quick bite to eat or something similar that is due to travel, Mozilla will pay for this expense. Each community member has a Euro 10 per diem to spend if you need it.
We have a specific process to ensure swift payment of your expenses. We greatly appreciate you following our process.
- Please collect all receipts and notate the expense on the back of the receipt (e.g. what and who was the expense for).
- Use the attached reimbursement form to list all receipts, including date, type, and Euro amount.
- Fix each receipt (chronologically) face up on a piece of white, unlined paper with adhesive tape.
- Make a photo copy /scan for your records (if the receipts are lost in the postal service, we will not be able to reimburse).
- Please write a quick cover letter giving Mozilla your banking information. In most cases, reimbursements will be done by wire transfer.
In this case, you will need to
Provide the following:
Name on bank account Bank account number Bank contact information Swift or IBAN /BIC number
If you prefer to receive a paper check, please indicate that on the cover letter and give Mozilla your postal address.
Send all receipts and the expense cover sheet to Anne-Julie Ligneau at Mozilla-Europe. You may scan and email Anne-Julie the document - but, please still do send originals to:
For the attention of Anne-Julie Ligneau Mozilla Europe 43 rue d'Aboukir 4th floor 75002 Paris, FRANCE +33 1 40 41 17 68
If receipts are not clearly described and we do not receive the packet as described above, we will not be able to reimburse you for your costs. We have more than 50 reimbursements to track, so any disregard for the above process will make our job nearly impossible. We have to stick to a pretty tight procedure, so thanks for complying.
Thanks so much for your help with reimbursements. We look forward to seeing you at FOSDEM!