Grow/Meeting 04 05 12
- Meeting time: Thursday, April 5 at 17:00 UTC (times around the world)
- Audio: 1-800-707-2533, pin: 369, conf: 634
- Room: ORLY in Mountain View 3rd floor (note this is a room change from earlier meetings)
- Back channel: irc://irc.mozilla.org#mozillians
- Meeting notes: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/Grow-meeting-notes-04-05-12
- Thank you for filling out Steward satisfaction survey. Results will be posted soon.
- Contributor Audit (data in review)
- Firefox Clinic review, lessons learned and next steps by Madalina and Rosana from SUMO (see the video of the Clinic)
- David Rajchenbach-Teller's notes on working with academic institutions on Mozilla projects -- what works, what doesn't work, what could help
- Bugzilla is now sending an email to people who have their first patch approved -- is this something your project could make use of or are there places in the contribution path for your project where you could help people along?
- Upcoming events (standing item)
- MozCamp Latin America (April 20-22)
- Proposed "Mozilla Day" recruitment day in Minneapolis (cf: @glind). Leave-behinds, schwag, other help and ideas welcome.
- QA Workshop in Turin (Proposed for end of May, 2012)
- Planning etherpad: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/QTPoNJMjAF
Other items if there's time
- Dashboards discussion?
- Governance threads?
- Michelle's experience with support inquiries from Get Involved page
- Report back: Creating a contributor strategy for MozSpaces
- Report back: Next steps for video footage from Summit
- Report back: Town halls and giving contributors more of a voice
- Report back: Casey on his experience contributing to webdev
- Question: How do you help people who just want to be assigned a task?
- Question: How can we help events be more effective at bringing in contributors?
- Question: How do you balance doing something yourself vs. helping someone do something?
- Question: How can we get contributors involved in our web projects?
- Question: How do you not lose track of people just starting to get involved?
- Question: How do people deal with negative feedback and stop energy?
- Feel free to add more questions or other agenda items...