HTML5 Games/2012 Road Map
- Work week to solidify year long goals
- Start porting of project X
- Help initial wave of games appearing on the Firefox web app store
- Get all currently in-progress features related to games landed (needs to be more specific)
- Get definition around computationally intensive issues
- Gather a list of external industry contacts and contributors to help advise development
- Start working towards some game-focused hires
Draft 2012 Goals
- Consistent Performance
- Make 2D games rock
- See several appear on the market for the web and mobile.
- The remaining issues 2D games are facing ironed out.
- Make simple 3D games work well.
- See Audio standardize
- Nail down a positional audio solution that works for developers needs (help Roc get feedback on the spec).
- Persuade tool makers makers port to HTML5.
- Setup and maintain a co-operative vision for game development across MoCo and MoFo.
- Work with game developers to develop a clear set of needs and benchmarks.
- Consider the processor intensive needs of game developers and how we can address this area.
- Get graphics card manufactures into the conversation regarding WebGL and Security.
- Celerity around Mobile targets are
- Distribution channels, how can we be additive?
- How to make content distribution easier CDN.
- Device access needs more celerity.