Last Week's Actions
- [SLIP] everyone/LH and AK and BW interested in dev engagement, talk to Christian [JP *swears* he will talk to Christian this week :) JPfailed and WILL BURN IN HELL
- [AK] Yes, did some work on MDN around Primaries
- [in progress] JP to follow up on CEF logging with appropriate other devs. [Yvan's back today; we'll pick up now]
- [SLIP] LH to blog about bug bounty
- [DONE] AK to look at issue #1608
- Yes, bug closed with help from lloyd and petef
- [SLIP] DM to work w/ JF, CB, and KV (Karthik) on persona.org plan
- [ONGOING] DM to look into where broader profile fits in.
- [STRIKE] BA to cordinate jen and sean in dev team
- [SLIP] BA need to go over sec review and engage next review steps
- [DONE] ST to look at https://github.com/mozilla/browserid/issues/1709 & https://github.com/mozilla/browserid/issues/1676
- [STRIKE] ST to schedule needed followup on profile proposal [name/photo is slipped from beta]
- [DONE] benadida to review action list and make sure it corresponds to priorities
- [DONE] benadida add Sawyer to project
- [SLIP - waiting for assessment by jbonacci - due EOD tomorrow] lloyd to determine by next Monday whether we launch on Thursday the 5th or later
- [DONE] benadida to bring back metrics
- Beta in 4 weeks (last features before Wed)
- ACTION: benadida to followup with Lloyd on slipping.
- ACTION: DM to give BW permission to identity blog
- [Fr] sec. reviews (two pull requests on private repo)
- [ST] - working with lloyd and skinny to get copy updates, reset password, loads of things done.
- [ST] - Slipping user name/photo from beta release, several UX testing quality flows started.
- [ST] - issue 1676[Can not log into beta.123done.org on older Android device] - Lloyd, Skinny and I started to come up with a reasonable plan for help text. Needs implemented.
- [ST] - issue #1709[BrowserID completely broken in MIUI ROM Android stock browser ] - This is a third party ROM on an unlocked device, what should the priority of this be? We should instrument to find out how many people this is really affecting.
- [LH] - Will write up a summary of how forgotten password / account recover will work to vet our conclusions with skinny/shane
- [SM] improving KPI reporting of orphaned dialogs
- [AK] - Not clear if BigTent fell through a Security/Legal gap, checking with curtisk
- [AK] Knocked down a BigTent blocker; node-oauth and node-openid now respect http(s) proxies
- [BW] - have plan for session-cookie expiration-on-password-change, will implement after the hotfix settles
- [NM] - finished second big KPI report, met with Crystal / Dan, defined short/medium-term goals
- ACTION: [Fr] and [BW] to discuss priorities for security improvements (based on findings from security reviews)
- ACTION: benadida to find NM help on deployment
- ACTION: francois to ping mmayo about AWS account (which apparently exists now)
- ACTION: jgrm to help DC on ephemeral deployments
FF & Platform
- JP/Ben: first patch landed
Security & Privacy
- 3rd-party security review starting soon
- [Gene] Changes in staging :
- Zeus load balancer now also healthchecks "/__heartbeat__?deep=true" to verify health of processes behind the bid-router (Bug 764890)
- Configured nginx to forward traffic destined for "/browserid/__heartbeat__" to port 62700 at "/__heartbeat__". This will allow us to monitor the browserid process (now sitting behind the router) directly in nagios. (Bug 764890)
- Code deployment now also depends on succesfull checks of router, bid and verify process heartbeats (Bug 764890)
- "public_url" has been changed to reflect persona vs browserid. "static_public_url" has been defined
- [PF] going to work more with callahad and ozten on bigtent staging this week (proxy work looks to be ready; and rolling out RSBAC updates)
- Current train push slipping to Monday
- Train 30: Bug 767708 - QA and deploy BrowserID train-2012.06.22 to production
- load tests complete, couple of more verifications and more platforms tests Monday and Tuesday
- Seems to be concensus in IRC to delay prod ship to Mon/Tue due to holiday timing.
- Two client issues:
- ACTION: [SM] to look at Opera (12)
- ACTION: benadida to loop Francois into secreview
good collab with NM/AK + Annie.
- mini work-week week of 8/27, for "Project Hydra"
- Grace Jimenez will be taking over as PMM starting Thursday.
- Remember to sign up for blogs : https://etherpad.mozilla.org/identity-blog-post-signup
- Brian up for the 5th [maybe pushed back a week], Shane up for the 12th [maybe pushed back a week]
- ACTION: Add Brian and Shane T to Identity Wordpress
- [Fr] introduced Persona at Gather 2012 (Auckland Barcamp)
- [Fr&DC] discussed announce list plan and requested firstname.lastname@example.org (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=770093)
- [JP] at nodeconf portland spreading the browserid love - we have lots of fans :)
- [DC] Worked with Laura Mesa on a FAQ, feature comparison matrix, upcoming blog posts.
- [DC] requiredEmail deprecated & blogged about.
- [DC] I figured out how to explain assertions to laypeople! Anyone know of good screencasting / animating software so I can blog about it more easily?
- [CH] working on a slide deck for Barcelona in Dr.Seuss style:
Passwords are tough, it is easy to see, so allow login with emails, using BrowserID.
- everyone/LH JP and BW interested in dev engagement, talk to Christian
- JP to follow up on CEF logging with appropriate other devs.
- LH to blog about bug bounty
- LH to determine by next Monday whether we launch on Thursday the 5th or later
- DM to work w/ JF, CB, and KV (Karthik) on persona.org plan
- DM to look into where broader profile fits in.
- DM: add Brian and Shane T to Identity Wordpress
- BA need to go over sec review and engage next review steps
- BA to followup with Lloyd on slipping.
- BA to find NM help on deployment
- BA to loop Francois into secreview
- GJ: We need Persona stickers.
- FM and BW to discuss priorities for security improvements (based on findings from security reviews)
- FM to ping mmayo about AWS account (which apparently exists now)
- JM to help DC on ephemeral deployments
- SM to look at Opera (12)