Last Week's Actions
- Work week airline tickets need to be booked by EOD
- EVERYONE who has uploaded a key, please verify your pubkey in https://github.com/mozilla/identity-pubkeys - respond to identity-staff email when you have done so - thanks!
- [BEING FIXED] [ST] will take the lead point on: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=791812
- everyone/LH JP interested in dev engagement, talk to Christian
- [MOVE TO SEP 20th] LH to blog about bug bounty
- [ON ICE] DM to work w/ JF, CB, and KV (Karthik) on persona.org plan
- DM to look into where broader profile fits in.
- [ONGOING] BW & FM go over sec review and engage next review steps (https://id.etherpad.mozilla.org/61)
- [STRIKE] BA to formalize escalation plan with mmayo
- [ONGOING] TO to catalog security review needs for Q3 https://id.etherpad.mozilla.org/2012q3-security-needs
- MT to tell us about recordings of user research sessions?
- [DONE] PF to provide feedback on front page of persona.org
- [DONE] ST - Going to be bothering everyone about various open bugs
- [DONE] PF : landing page needs work; redefining content for this page is in the works
- CB: stealth numbers page analytics
- [DONE] [BA] to review and provide feedback for deprication plan & API commitment - https://github.com/mozilla/browserid/issues/2436 and http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.mozilla.identity.devel/1957
- [SLIP] TO schedule time to discuss - evolution of our data - storage moving forward
NOTE: Next Monday, October 1st, this meeting is cancelled. It is a travel day for the Identity work week.
- we have an agreement with how Identity will be implemented
- details to be announced soon
- there will be Persona support in first version of the phone
- new crew: DB review - Lloyd
- Supported Beta release
- A new selenium based prod monitor in place
- Beta 1 launch blog post is ready to go
- Coordinated launch with PR / PR will do outreach to key stakeholders
- Use of The Times video for promotion of Beta 1 cleared
- New landing page content done; won't be ready to be deployed for Beta 1 launch and will come shortly thereafter
- We're creating a short Persona screencast for the launch
- SUMO articles updated to match current flows
- We need a blog post to publish on Hacks. Anyone have time to write one today/tomorrow?
- Summary: All systems GO for Beta 1 launch
- Slip announcement by 24 hours - Wednesday
- PR is asking for an extra day
- we have permission to use YouTube clip from the Times
[Fr] prototyping a card server: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Identity/Architecture/IDAttachedServices#.22Card.22_server_.28used_by_the_dialog.29 [PS] working on user testing skycrane with Crystal
Security & Privacy
- Persona Beta train shipped in production 09/28 evening after a very long day. Many thanks to atoll, ozten, lloyd, gene and everyone who made all the code possible.
- https://github.com/mozilla/browserid/issues/2515 - error when returnTo is empty or set to "/" - stomlinson has fix pending (and has been reviewed, ready to merge)
- https://github.com/mozilla/browserid/issues/2515 - post-mortem on overnight prod monitor email failures
- jrgm worked with socketlabs api to see if I can get useful info, but the time of delivery numbers provided are way off reality
- we should consider getting our own account with socketlabs or other to avoid shared queue
- jedp has a system in place to constantly track times; increase interval?
- next steps: toxborrow to coordinate; find out what SLA we have, etc.
- https://github.com/mozilla/browserid/issues/2515 - MySQL database doesn't re-connect during deployment w/o restart ★★★★★
- so far can't reproduce; jrgm will continue test in stage when he has more sudo cowbell
- Metrics needs access to the beta version of identity data - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=789500 ::
- Keeping this issue on our radar to ensure we keep traction
- Pedro should have all the data; get Ops, Ozten & Pedro to meet
[ST] - (perhaps should be in Exploration?) super basic prototype of SSO - working! Create account on http://sso.123done.org/ then visit https://testmob.org - watch upper right hand corner [ST] - Working on font middleware to server locale/browser specific fonts to save download resources. Review and help coming from zcarter.
- [SM/LH] We re-did the Github tag system. There's now areas and milestones.
- [BA] Hacks blog post written - today
- [LH, DC & DM] screen cast with callahad - today
- [OZ, aelliot] Follow up with metrics issue
- [PF, DM} Bring Christopher Arnold in and clarify our plan with Partners moving forward
- [DC, BA, TO] Q4 Goals : SkyCrane design goals to be outlined
- [LH] PTO & Training Tu-Th (Sep 25-27)
- [JH] Puppet training in SF Mon-Wed this week (Sep 24-26)
- [ST] Oct 19th to speak, Nov 2nd for Visa, Dec 3rd for mini-break
- [BW] Oct 10th conf, Nov 9+12 conf, Nov 26th vacation