Pontoon is a localization platform, used and developed by the Mozilla localization community. Some links:
- Source code: GitHub
- Bug tracker: Bugzilla
- Documentation: Read the Docs
- Discussions: chat.mozilla.org
This wiki page mainly serves as a development roadmap. We use Mozilla wiki, because it nicely integrates with our bug tracker.
Check out The Guide to your First Contribution to Pontoon to learn how to set up Pontoon on your computer for development.
Here are a few mentored bugs, good to start with for new contributors:
|1468840||[sync] Obsolete Resources instead of deleting them||ASSIGNED||P2||Vishal Sharma [:vishalcr7]|
|1679565||Title missing in Terms panel and popup||ASSIGNED||P3||Anuj Pandey|
|1682033||Improve visibility of pinned comments||ASSIGNED||P3||Mitchell Oliver|
3 Total; 3 Open (100%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
This is a high-level overview of Pontoon Roadmap for the current year. For more information, check out the DETAILED ROADMAP.
- [ ] Search all strings while translating (1W)
- [ ] Development Process (1W)
- [ ] Documentation Overhaul (1Q)
- [ ] Custom themes (1M)
- [ ] Evolve deadlines (1M)
- [ ] Project Admin UI (1M)
A collection of bugs we'd like to see fixed soon, but didn't make it to the Roadmap.
23 Total; 23 Open (100%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
We use 5 bug priority levels, which effectively define the short term roadmap. Priority is usually set after the bug has been confirmed by one of the developers.
- P1: Must be fixed immediately, drop any other work.
- P2: We want to ship this soon, possibly in the current quarter.
- P3: Default starting point, possibly shipping in the following two quarters.
- P4: We expect it to be fixed someday.
- P5: A valid bug, but we might never fix it, unless you provide a patch.