- affiliates, new buttons
- css3 buttons, canvas, pdf.js? topic for a different meeting
- ads (different networks: fb, mobile)
important differences compared to big campaigns
- 20 words per assignment
- 2-3 days of lead time in most cases, otherwise the post will be out of date
- published content never changes; no need for elaborate strategies for updating existing content
current etherpad process
- william creates an etherpad
- william sends to stas for review and distribution to the localizers
- on the day of posting, william copies and pastes
- he posts en-US to all users
- and localized versions to individual locales
We should make sure that we understand who the target audiences are and what their needs are before we decide to "create a tool".
Give ourselves an opportunity to redefine (/simplify) current processes instead of creating tools that will solidify them.
- william (engagement)
- posting at a specific time
- don't dilute the messaging about bigger projects
- all announcements end up in one newsgroup
- the cost of reading the announcement of a 5-minute tasks is the same as for big projects
- shouldn't see en-US if localized content is available (?)
- l10n drivers
- easier, less-time consuming outreach
can we avoid creating big new tools?
are there simple solutions that we could implement now that would satisfy 80% of our needs?
- localizers gave positive feedback about etherpad (see below)
- selenium script could automate posting on fb
- export txt from etherpad, parse with a script that taps into fb api
etherpad's strong points
- very easy to set up
- multiple localizers within a single locale can collaborate at the same time
- localizers can draw inspiration from other languages
- can see live participation which builds the sense of the community
- easy to accidentally remove someone's work
- hard-to-remember URLs; how localizers find those etherpads?
- go back to the original announcement email?
- awesome bar (if ep is named appropriately)
inventory of etherpads
we could probably improve the current process by having an inventory of etherpads, e.g. on the wiki
- increase discoverability of current etherpads
- archive old etherpads
- reuse previous translations
- as reference
- as generic posts suitable for the occasion (?)
- for the launch of fx6, is it better to post a generic launch update in Polish or a fx6-customized update in English?
- stas: ask localizers about their experience with etherpad (follow up to https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.l10n.web/ruNgQPTRxqA ?)
- williamr: create a wikipage listing existing channels