< Labs | Bespin | StatusMeetings
← previous week | index | next week →
- Tuesdays - 9:00am Pacific, 12:00pm Eastern, 16:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S
- +1 650 903 0800 x92 Conf# 347 (USA/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 347 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 347 (US Toll Free)
- #bespin for backchannel
If you can't dial in for some reason, let us know your info so we can try to bridge you in.
- Status update
- Bugzilla moved. Yay! Thanks to Gordon/Reed for getting it all over and smooth
- Moz crew getting together next week
- Usability review
- Minor: "settings.txt" vs. settings vs. "settings.conf" vs.....
- .txt means that if you open locally or something it works. Looks ugly though.
- bespin/bespin.js -> bespin.js + bespin/
- look at repackaging
- Store editor's current state on the server?
- Bring it to it's own window or not?
- Search = Highlighter << bad thing?
- ensureCursorVisible() behave now different << good thing?
- New PaintModel class
- get everything for painting lines together (into rowMetadata?)
- have some upcomming functions in there for code folding
- ... or should such stuff go into the current model class?
- Working on dashboard
- dashboard for the editor: Horizontal-File-Tree enough?
- Open Sessions for any use?
- Have designer working on the different notification styles:
- command line feedback
- status updates (separate, bottom right)
- Mockups coming!
- Doing a usability review next week
Code Refactoring on the table
- Change the style that we have from: module/module.js to module.js, module/*.js
- module.js will be responsible for loading *needed* dependencies
Store editor's current state on the server?
- yes we want to do it!
- favor saving state to the server in BespinSettings (a la command line, settings, breakpoints)
- want to add line number state etc, and collaboration fits in too
- we don't want to go too far and have you login to bespin and automatically place you somewhere as it has issues with opening up a new window
- saving paths
- more than one person can hit "save"
- shoe and joe talked about the subtleties of saving and such
- Take a look at how Eclipse / another editor and see what the API is like to give us a grounding
Working on the dashboard
- hold off for now as Th work being done and very close to recoding the current dashboard to use the new Th
- Last piece: figuring out the layout manager contract
- Collaboration is going to remain in 0.3 and not be in 0.2
- Will be released soon to bespin.mozilla.com
- kguertin asked whether we have UI guidelines. We do not at this time, but we definitely should to help encourage good usability in plugins and additions to Bespin that people create?
Bespin JS backend
- will be announced with docs as soon as it's easy to get running.
- skaegi can help in a couple of weeks after they get through their release
(the notes below are incomplete due to the choppiness on the call)
- new ensureCursorVisible behavior: mixed opinions. Karl says that vim has that option and it's popular, but other editors don't really work that way. Perhaps this could be a setting.
- Gordon talked about the new bug link (use it to make sure platform/product/component are set properly in new bugs)
- Quick Open bugs will go under search
- We should have new components for: Offline, Collab, VCS
- Gordon wrote about tab awareness in Bespin