Mozilla F1 is a simple and fast sharing service designed to enhance the sharing experience of the browser, Firefox, when sharing web sites.
- The name F1 is a project name that is not necessarily the final name when compared with more standardized/branded names like Firefox Share.
- The project is both a hosted service and an add-on to Firefox. The hosted service acts as an OAuth proxy service which the add-on uses to push shares through.
- F1 has 3 bugzilla components for bug tracking
- All Components
The are the feature blocks which appear in the Firefox/Flight Tracking. These feature blocks are in top down order of priority. The required line indicates a minimal set we would not back out of the release train if they all landed. These feature sets should conform to the Feature Page Structure
- This is the bare minimum pieces needed to use the F1 share feature starting with 1 working account (Twitter)
|F1 Preferences/Account Settings||Preferences pane landed, blocked on bug 653002 for OS styling||2011-05-05||Bryan Clark|
|F1 Twitter Account||Initial prototype. Blocked on staging server running bug 650900 and bug 653002 for OS styling.||2011-04-27||Bryan Clark|
|Share Server||Blocked on staging server, bug 650900||2011-05-05||Bryan Clark|
- Implement the Facebook account interface
- Implement the GMail account interface
- This is GMail only, not the Google Apps Sharing Account even though they are very similar
- navigator.share api
- Additional sharing services which are popular in different locales
- Anonymous URL sharing statistics
- Implement the Yahoo Mail account interface