Note: Not all of the content here is being actively maintained. Go here for updated information.
What is Weave
Weave is a Mozilla Labs project to integrate web services into Firefox by allowing users to securely share their data with other instances of their own software, other users and 3rd parties. The Weave project includes a Firefox add-on, a server component, and data sharing APIs.
The first service under the Weave umbrella is the synchronization service. The Weave Sync 1.0 add-on lets you securely take your Firefox experience with you to all your Firefox browsers. Mozilla operates a hosted server, and the source code for the server is open so that any user may operate their own server if they wish. The synchronization product keeps bookmarks, history, form data, passwords, tabs, and user preferences, and provides an API to allow add-on developers to synchronize their data as well.
- Weave Developer Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions
- User Forum
- Feedback & Bug Reporting
- Project page
- addons.mozilla.org page
- Weave Enhancement Proposals
- How to Install Weave and Fennec on a Nokia N810
- Web based data viewer
- iPhone data viewer
- WebOS data viewer
- Python based command line data viewer
- Java based command line data viewer and Android compatible library
- Weave for DolphinHD on Android
- Design Pattern: How to Synchronize Add-on Preferences
- Design Pattern: How to Access Browser Data in Client Software
- Service API documentation
- Crypto architecture documentation
- Storage Format documentation
- Browser Object documentation
- Load Testing documentation
- Quota Algorithm
- To suggest a new service or a chance to an existing one, please visit the Weave Enhancement Proposal (WEP) page.
- Extension Build Instructions - How to get the Weave extension source code and build it yourself.
- Server Setup Instructions - How to get the Weave server source code and run your own server
- Weave Testplan - How to Test Weave
- Code Review Policy - Code Review policy for Weave
- Latest build
- Python Migration notes and requirements
- Constants Documentation for the migration