Litmus:Syncing testcases between subgroups
Previously, Litmus needed to have different testcases for each subgroup for a Product. This was highly annoying when updating testcases, since one would need to update the testcase in each subgroup each time they made changes. There is now a better solution.
"Syncing" testcases between subgroups is fairly simple (with admin. access, at least).
- Click the "Manage Subgroups" link on the Admin panel on the left side of Litmus.
- Filter by Product and Subgroup till you find which testgroup you want.
- It's easiest to do this if you open up two tabs, one for each subgroup. For example, one for FF2.0 > FFTs > Tabbed Browsing and one for FF2.0 > BFTs > Tabbed Browsing.
- Find a testcase you want to share from a subgroup and note its number.
- Go to the subgroup that doesn't have this testcase and search for it in the "All Testcases For Product" list. Hint: You can focus this list and start typing the testcase number to select it.
- Once you've selected the testcase you want to share, click the "=>" button to move it over the subgroup.
- To remove the old, unshared testcase just select it and click the "<=" button to move it out of the subgroup.
- Once you're done click the Submit Edits button to make your changes.
- Once you add a testcase, it's easy to move it over to additional subgroups using this technique.
- It's easy to update testcases in FFTs and then sync with BFTs (since BFTs should be a subset of FFTs).