< MDN | Archives | Community meetings | 2012
The MDN community meeting takes place in the #devmo channel on irc.mozilla.org at 10 AM PDT. It's open to anyone that would like to participate, so please feel free to join in!
- State of the Docs entry form, which populates a Google spreadsheet.
- Today's post will cover a month of changes.
- vikash -> MDN event in India preferrably Bangalore
- Consensus in favor of community-led events, e.g., Mozilla Summer Code Party
- vikash -> Docs Reps
- Nothing new to report
- vikash -> CSS WG formally allows browser vendors to unprefix CSS 3 Transforms, Transitions, Animations via https://twitter.com/#!/csswg
- Please try to work on docs for Firefox 13 and 14! The staff writers are loaded down with work on web apps, mobile, and B2G and will not have a lot of time for Firefox stuff right now, sadly.
- B2G build and install guide is mostly finished!
- Kuma (new Wiki platform) status & roadmap
- We are now 39 days from our drop-dead launch deadline.
- Over the past week, a lot of progress has been made toward having not just a test environment, but the actual server for the site configured.
- We hope to be ready to start the template fixing work to get the scripts working in KumaScript soon.
- There's code in place that automatically migrates changes to the current site to the Kuma site. So the Kuma site stays up to date.
- At some point, we will shut off editing on the current production site, so that editors have to work on the Kuma site, to help test it out. But that's not scheduled yet.
- We will schedule some formal test days for things like scripting, localizing, etc, but also want to encourage everyone to just go there and test anything and everything, whenever you have the time.
- Expect blog posts and announcements about details on testing in the next few days.