< MDN | Archives | Community meetings | 2012
The MDN community meeting takes place in the #devmo channel on irc.mozilla.org at 10 AM PDT. It's open to anyone that would like to participate, so please feel free to join in!
- State of the Docs entry form, which populates a Google spreadsheet.
- Even though the production site is locked to new edits, you can go to the Kuma test site and edit there. Changes there will be retained when Kuma goes live.
- Anyone that can help update Firefox documentation, please do. The Mozilla employees have been swamped with Kuma and FISL and B2G and OMG MAKE IT STOP! that Firefox documentation is falling very far behind; indeed, we just shipped the first release (Firefox 14) that we put basically no real effort into documenting.
- See the doc tracker to see what needs documenting. We are now up to 350 dev-doc-needed items.
- Mini localization sprint at FISL next week. If you're going to be there, or aren't but want to help localize MDN content for Spanish and/or Portuguese, please join us on Saturday, July 28.
- Localization meetups are planned around BrazilJS at the end of August.
- Please add any suggestions for articles that should be translated to Portuguese and Spanish to https://etherpad.mozilla.org/ptTranslationPriorities
- We also plan to have an in-person doc sprint in London at the end of September. Details forthcoming.
- We will have an MDN docs session at MozCampEU.
- Obviously we haven't launched yet!
- If you have editing to do, you can! Go to https://developer-new.mozilla.org and sign in as usual. Ignore the security certificate warning; this is because we're using a self-signed certificate during testing.
- If you'd like to help convert existing templates, see https://developer.mozilla.org/Project:en/Introduction_to_KumaScript; if you don't have privileges to edit templates, let sheppy know and you can probably get them (unless we hate you). :)
- There will be another attempt to add a second webhead today. In the past this has caused stability problems, but we need to test it again after some changes. Please let sheppy and/or groovecoder know of any issues you see.
- We intend to have all edits from the current site directed to Kuma before FISL (where we are having a localization sprint for Spanish and Portuguese).
- Launch is not scheduled; it will happen when either we're happy with Kuma or the MindTouch site gives up the ghost on us.
- That said, sheppy will be sadfaces if we don't launch it before the end of July or very early August.