< MDN | Archives | Community meetings | 2013
The MDN community meeting takes place in the #devmo channel on irc.mozilla.org at 10 AM PDT (17:00) UTC). See the meeting time in your time zone. It's open to anyone that would like to participate, so please feel free to join in!
- April sprint in Vancouver - DONE
- End-of-May sprint: virtual + meetups in San Francisco (David B) and Paris (Jeremie); topic is WebGL (June DevDerby).
- End-of-June sprint: meetup in Paris, concurrent with MozFr meeting; maybe also a German meetup. Topic is File API (July DevDerby).
- Janet is working on resources for people who want to host their own public doc sprints; it will be tested at the May and June sprints.
- Rodrigo Padula is planning 2 sprints in Brazil for pt-BR translation, in June and July; may need help from dev-events, because ReMo process may be too slow. Also doing sprints in conjunction with other events.
- MakerParty 2013
- Ali has been talking to WebMaker folks about integrating MDN events with MakerParty
- Talk to Ali if you have ideas about doing things as part of MakerParty
- New thing coming:
- The ability to subscribe for receiving modification of a page per e-mail. Almost here, though it needs to go through some security checks and testing. Expect a couple of months.
- If you see bugs, fill a bug please!
- L10n dashboard has been spec'd and mocked up; work will start end of May, should be done by end of summer (Northern hemisphere). Then it can be iterated.
- Rodrigo is concerned because many pt-BR pages are out of date with the English versions. Need a way to flag this to users.
- Rodrigo would like to see Tweet and Like buttons on MDN pages. Also badges.
- MDN Redesign:
- Two things: temporary home page redesign (+ menu bar). In progress, should be there this month.
- The real redesign! We discussed in the doc sprint of the info that has to be on different kind of pages (CSS, HTML, Reference, landing pages, articles, ...). This has been given to the UX team so that they can make a proposal. We gave them a lot of freedom so that they are as free as possible.
- Interface page structure fixed. Need a bit of time to test if it works well, then we will document it to help newcomers.
- Locate all beginner guides and resources (there is a discussion about that in the MozFr mailing list)