< MDN | Archives | Community meetings | 2014
The MDN community meeting takes place in the #mdn channel on irc.mozilla.org at 10 AM PDT (17:00 UTC). See the meeting time in your time zone. It's open to anyone that would like to participate, so please feel free to join in!
Add your agenda items below. Please include your IRC nickname in parens, so we know whose item it is.
- If you're new to this meeting or to MDN, please speak up and introduce yourself.
- Jean-Yves will send his current blog post to Janet for possibly publishing on about:community.
- Ali will write a blog post on how to host a "Hacking MDN" event.
- Regional MDN Hack Days in Q3/4
- BrasilJS (Porto Alegre)
- JS Conf EU (Berlin)
- JSFoo (India) - to be confirmed
- Portland, US - to be confirmed
- MozFest, October 24-26, London
- Ali is organizing DevRel presence/activities, collecting idea on this etherpad
- Learning Area updates
- Now a zone!
- Style guide updated with a section on gender neutrality
- Work continues on WebRTC documentation. See the doc status page for details.
- The Glossary continues to gradually expand.
- Welcome emails are now sent to all new members (for English language signups). Other locales will be supported soon (for some definition of "soon" -- any input from the dev team here?).
- Sign-in using GitHub authentication is now in a closed alpha test. Beta is planned for next week. See bug 1052453 for tracking.
- L10n improvements! You can now view the original source of the English document side-by-side while translating. Also, you can toggle into a one-column mode while translating.
- Template/macro editing pages no longer have a "preview" button.
- More improvements to the new notification bubbles. Aren't they pretty?
- Feedback on broken code samples wanted: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mozilla.dev.mdn/H7LLpW6jxJo
- The problem: people are pasting in code from elsewhere that has classes, styles, etc included that should not be included on MDN; this breaks samples and/or looks bad