< MDN | Archives | Community meetings | 2014
The MDN community meeting takes place in the #mdn channel on irc.mozilla.org at 10 AM PDT (17:00 UTC). See the meeting time in your time zone. It's open to anyone that would like to participate, so please feel free to join in!
Add your agenda items below. Please include your IRC nickname in parens, so we know whose item it is.
- If you're new to this meeting or to MDN, please speak up and introduce yourself.
- Janet will start a discussion on dev-mdc about improving this meeting (and include ideas suggested in previous meetings).
- Janet will give feedback to Ali on her blog post and work together to get it published.
Questions about News
See the MDN Community News etherpad for updates about what's happening in the MDN community. If you have questions or comments about the news items, please list them below.
Requests and Challenges
Are you facing a challenge with something related to MDN, or need help from others in the community? Please bring it up for discussion.
- We don't have staff resources to maintain several areas. Among them XUL. Anybody has an idea how to build a community interested in doing it?
- (jms) I think we should contact the developer teams responsible for those areas, and encourage them to maintain the docs for their area themselves. If there is a community around the code, we can encourage them to consider the docs part of their domain. Try to frame it NOT as “You’re not important”, but as “We can help you do this, but we can't do it for you, currently."
- (sheppy) If they really care, they'll either do some of the work or they'll help finance getting someone to do it. :-) If they can just contribute a rough draft even, that's a huge step forward.
- (alispivak) We need to get a list of the areas we want to do this for. We will want to frame it in terms of the priorities and 2015 planning.
Anything else we need to talk about in real time?