MDN/Archives/Get involved/Doc Sprints/2012January
This will be primarily a virtual (online) sprint, with no centralized in-person meet-up. You are encouraged to organize a local meet-up of doc sprinters in your area.
- Start: 20 January, 15:00 UTC (7:00am US PT, 10:00am US ET, 16:00 CET)
- End: 21 January, 23:59 UTC (4:00pm US PT, 7:00pm US ET, 01:00 22 January CET)
You are welcome to start earlier or continue later, but this time frame is when you are likely to find other people online working on MDN. Obviously, you do not have to participate the entire time; drop in when it's convenient, and sleep when you need to.
Here is a schedule for meetings in IRC during the sprint:
|Fri 7:00 am
|Fri 2:00 pm
|Fri 9:00 pm
|Sat 5:00 am
|Sat 10:00 am
|Sat 4:00 pm
|final status and wrap-up
Some places to get ideas of things to write about:
- MDN documentation wishlist
- Firefox issues with doc impacts
- Fill out browser compatibility tables on reference pages where they exist, based on info from caniuse.com and quirksmode.org.
- Pages that need technical review.
- Pages that need editorial review
- David Bruant's TODO list (mostly JS-related stuffs)
Suggest a topic, either that you want to work on, or that you'd like to see done by someone.
If you're planning to participate, please add your name, IRC nickname and/or MDN user name, and what you'd like to work on, below (you need to create an account on this (spam-free) wiki in order to edit it):
|IndexedDB File support
|Burak Yiğit Kaya
|Tb ext dev tutorials (thunderbird-stdlib)
|SVG compat charts
|device orientation stuff
|JS, DOM, HTML5, CSS
|Fr CSS Reference
|Rajeev N Bharshetty
|HTML5 , SVG code Examples