MDN/Archives/Get involved/Doc Sprints/2013February
< MDN | Archives | Get involved/Doc Sprints
This will be primarily a in-person sprint, but online and remote participation is encouraged. This will also be Mozilla Québec first public event!
A bunch of people will also meet at the Node in Bordeaux, France at this occasion.
- Start: 9 February, 9:30am
- End: 9 February, 9pm
Detailed tentative schedule:
- 9:30am - Registration, set-up (30 mins)
- 10:00am - Event start, introduction to Mozilla Québec and Caravan (20 mins)
- 10:20am - Introduction to Mozilla Developer Network by @sheppy (40 mins)
- 11:00am - Hands-on documentation
- Lunch will be served for everyone
- 6:30pm - Status check, awards and raffle included!
- 6:45pm - Wrap up
- Until 9pm - Well-deserved pizzas and drinks for everyone, let's chat and get to know each other!
Some places to get ideas of things to write about:
That list may be adapted to documentation into French later on.
- MDN documentation wishlist
- Firefox issues with doc impacts
- Fill out browser compatibility tables on reference pages where they exist, based on info from caniuse.com and quirksmode.org.
- Pages that need technical review.
- Pages that need editorial review
- David Bruant's TODO list (mostly JS-related stuffs)
- Make videos showing how to get and build Firefox code.
Suggest a topic, either that you want to work on, or that you'd like to see done by someone.
= Helpful information
- Our list of subject-matter experts.
- Our list of topic drivers. These are people that organize specific areas of our documentation.
- How to add live samples to articles.
If you're planning to participate, please add your name, IRC nickname and/or MDN user name, and what you'd like to work on, below (you need to create an account on this (spam-free) wiki in order to edit it):
|Name||IRC nick||MDN ID||Topic(s)|
|Eric Shepherd||sheppy||sheppy||MDN help documentation, style guide|
|Tom Jovanovic||zombie||tomica||web api/firefox os docs|