MDN/Archives/Get involved/Doc Sprints/2013March
This is a virtual sprint, with no central gathering. However, local meet-ups are encouraged.
- Start: 22 March, 15:00 UTC (8:00 a.m. Pacific Time)
- End: 23 March, 23:59 UTC (4:00 p.m. Pacific Time)
- Coordination via #devmo on irc.mozilla.org
You are welcome to start earlier or continue later, but this time frame is when you are likely to find other people online working on MDN. Obviously, you do not have to participate the entire time; drop in when it's convenient, and sleep when you need to.
Here is a schedule for meetings in IRC during the sprint:
|Fri 15:00||Fri 16:00||Fri 8:00 am||Kick-off|
|Fri 21:00||Fri 22:00||Fri 2:00 pm||status check|
|Sat 1:00||Sat 2:00||Fri 6:00 pm||status check|
|Sat 9:00||Sat 10:00||Sat 2:00 am||status check|
|Sat 15:00||Sat 16:00||Sat 8:00 am||status check|
|Sat 19:00||Sat 20:00||Sat 12:00 pm||status check|
|Sat 23:59||Sun 01:00||Sat 4:00 pm||final status and wrap-up|
There are two major topics to focus on:
- offline storage, including localStorage, IndexedDB, and cross-browser strategies
- DOM Storage
- IndexedDB landing page
- Blog posts to integrate: There is no simple solution for local storage (verbatim, but capture limitations re localStorage]
We need to improve the reference pages, and create or enhance tutorial and guides for these topics.
Contributions on other topics are, of course, also welcome.
- MDN documentation wishlist
- Firefox issues with doc impacts
- Fill out browser compatibility tables on reference pages where they exist, based on info from caniuse.com and quirksmode.org.
- Pages that need technical review.
- Pages that need editorial review
- David Bruant's TODO list (mostly JS-related stuffs)
- Make videos showing how to get and build Firefox code.
- Integrate Mozilla blog posts into documentation.
Suggest a topic, either that you want to work on, or that you'd like to see done by someone.
- Our list of subject-matter experts.
- Our list of topic drivers. These are people that organize specific areas of our documentation.
- How to add live samples to articles.
If you're planning to participate, please add your name, IRC nickname and/or MDN user name, and what you'd like to work on, below (you need to create an account on this (spam-free) wiki in order to edit it):
|Name||IRC nick||MDN ID||Topic(s)|
|Michael||tw2113||tw2113||Whatever I can. No set limit.|