The MDN community meeting takes place in the #mdn channel on irc.mozilla.org at:
- 10 AM PDT (18:00 UTC). See the meeting time in your time zone.
Since lots of people lurk in #mdn, if you're actively attending the meeting please speak up and introduce yourself.
- Attending: jswisher, sheppy, klez, dvincent
Please share documentation bugs that need work, or other things where you need short-term help.
- We need to finish documentation updates for Firefox 50! Take a look here for a list of remaining issues:
- As always, you can find bugs you can help out with on our Bugs Ahoy page.
Is there anything keeping you from making progress?
- We have tons of items marked for tech review but not really anyone working to clear those. We need to find a way to make this happen.
What are you working on?
Please share recent accomplishments, and goals you have for the next few weeks.
- (sheppy) Nearly done with documentation updates for File and Directory Entry API.
- (klez) Provide a prioritized list of glossary entries in need of technical review
Anything else we need to discuss synchronously?
- Who will moderate the next meeting?
- (klez) Redundant (?) Glossary links in the Learning Area
- Some pages use a term linked to the glossary entry but then also define the term inline. This is unnecessary.
- If the page is about or directly related to the term, remove the glossary link and just define the term inline.
- If the definition is tangential to the page's content, remove the definition and use the glossary link.
- (klez) A modest proposal about starting meetings
- When the agenda is posted and the meeting is announced on dev-mdc, ask that people add themselves to the agenda's list of attendees.
- When the meeting starts, post in IRC the agenda link and the names of those users, so that their IRC client can notify them. For example: "Hi user1, user2, user3! The meeting is starting! Here's the agenda: <link>."