Panning a very long page (e.g http://planet.mozilla.org) is actually painful on Fennec. We need a way to make life easier for fingers.
- I'm (vivien) doing some experimentations based on a mix between:
- https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/mobile/addon/53305 - http://xtech06.usefulinc.com/schedule/paper/91 - some personal thought! yeah!
Basically my plan is to use 2 differents pan:
- the classic one - an acccelerated one when panning on the edge - show a minimap when clicking at the intersection of the right/bottom corner (maybe showing a transparent button on a mousedown)
- A prototype extension
- better suggestions than the dumb vingtetun prototype
No bug yet
- Project Lead:
- Design: madhava
- Front-end Dev:
Mockups can be pasted here
- Help panning on long pages