Implement events that allow web pages to capture touch and multi-touch .
- Gecko currently implements MozTouch* events on Windows 7 only. Work-in-progress patch in bug 603008 to use these events in Android chrome.
- Working with [W3C http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/ Web Events WG] on new spec (currently in Editor's Draft), based on WebKit touch events (different from MozTouch* events).
- Working prototype implementation (finish WIP in bug 544614).
- Move toward W3C Web Events spec.
- Decide on "escape hatch" UI (e.g., bug 441590 - border around edge of screen that can still be used for panning in menus). Still needed on Android?
- bug 544614 - implement touch events
- bug 603008 - pass Android multitouch events from Java to Gecko
- bug 441590 - retain a border around the edge of the screen for panning
- Enable mobile sites to use dragging or gestures, for example: Google Maps, web games, drawing/painting apps.
- Conformance with emerging W3C spec.
- Compatibility with next versions of Firefox on desktop?
- Exact compatibility with WebKit.
- Exact compatibility with Firefox 4.0 on Windows 7.