Mobile/Firefox for Android
- Release 59 has 5 Sprints (10 calendar weeks, ~7 normal working weeks though) and we are in the 5th Sprint:
- SPRINT#59.1: W46.1 (Nov. 13) ~ W47.7 (Nov. 26)
- SPRINT#59.2: W48.1 (Nov. 27) ~ W49.7 (Dec. 10)
- SPRINT#59.3: W50.1 (Dec. 11) ~ W51.7 (Dec. 24), 3 normal working days due to Austin all-hands, and the Mozilla year-end holidays
- SPRINT#59.4: W52.1 (Dec. 25) ~ W01.7 (Jan. 07), 3 normal working days, due to the Mozilla year-end holidays
- SPRINT#59.5: W02.1 (Jan. 08) ~ W03.7 (Jan. 21)
- Secure Beta 58 feature quality (e.g., PWA)
- Bug fixing for important crashes and features
Sprint#59.5 MVP: 2 Bugs
2 Total; 2 Open (100%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
|ID||Summary||Status||Resolution||Assigned to||Depends on||Blocks|
|1423587||PWA with expired security certificate should open in browser||REOPENED||Nevin Chen [:nechen]||1430731||1212648|
|1427771||Blank screen when youtube exists from full-screen in custom tabs||NEW||Nevin Chen [:nechen]|
|1430731||[PWA] PWA with mixed content homepage opens 2 tabs||RESOLVED||FIXED||Nevin Chen [:nechen]||1212648, 1423587|
3 Total; 2 Open (66.67%); 1 Resolved (33.33%); 0 Verified (0%);
Bug Priority/Uplift Management
In general we'd target to land only on Nightly (both fixes and features), and land on Beta when requested/really have to. With that idea we adopt a similar way of the P-system that P1 means "this Nightly cycle" while P2 refers to the "future Nightly cycles". Whiteboard tags involved with above principle are:
- For bugs considered in a specific Sprint, 3 tags will be added
- [FNC]: short for "Fennec"
- [SPT#XX]: Stands for the Sprint number XX (each Sprint period is defined in above)
- [MVP] or [BL] or [INT]: stands for "MVP (must have)", "BackLog" (may have), and "INTerrupt (unplanned)", respectively
- For example a bug with whiteboard [FNC][SPT#57.1][MVP] means it's a bug we targe to get resolved in Sprint #57.1.
- For bugs that we intend to uplift to Beta, we'll add both "[FNC]" and "[PLANNED_UPLIFT]" in the whiteboard field. So people (e.g., Release Management) can get the visibility of potential uplifts for tracking.
Point of Contact
- Product Management: Joe Cheng, Andreas Boven
- User Experience: Jack Lin (General), Mark Liang (PWA), Bryant Mao (Leanplum, Onboarding), Carol Huang, Anthony Lam
- Engineering: Nevin Chen, Max Liu, Sebastian Kaspari, Grisha Kruglov
- Quality Assurance: Ioana Chiorean (Test Lead)
- Program Management: Wesly Huang
- The above contacts are more front-end focus, and for platform relevant James Willcox (:snorp) will be the best go-to person.
- For overall program management that you're unsure if it belongs to front-end, please feel free to ping Wesly Huang and Nicole Yee.
- Weekly Status Sync
- Weekly Triage: Triage Wiki
- Session#1 @Wednesday 1:00AM PST Vidyo: Mobile
- Session#2 @Wednesday 9:30AM PST Vidyo: Mobile