- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next merge: 2014-10-13
Topics for This Week
- Tablet refresh update from Anthony and Yuan [10mins]
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- Vikneshwar fixed bug 1053994 - Paste & Go attempts a Google search instead of recognizing a bookmark keyword
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Actually made progress on MediaCodec patch[es].
- Output going through SurfaceTexture, which avoids all of the YUV conversion insanity. This should be highly reliable and performant once finished up.
- Now working on stability fixes, learned a lot about how to use MediaCodec from Grafika, a collection of samples made available by Google (or a googler): https://github.com/google/grafika/
- Landed the Android support for the network change notifications. We should do a lot better now when you switch wifi -> 3g, etc.
Alan K. (ack)
- WebRTC refactoring to break DOM deps
- Finished with feedback for cloudsync aurora uplift, should land soon
- Working on an add-on to make logcat/JS errors more visible
- 1059573 - Add support to using DSP-based echo canceller and noise suppressor
- 1074196 - Nightly/Aurora startup crash spike in nsUrlClassifierPrefixSet::Contains(unsigned int, bool*)
- WebRTC standboxing investigation
- Investigate new method for implementing standalone WebRTC.
- Investigate new method for implementing standalone WebRTC.
- Investigate sending H.264 instead of VP8 video to standalone WebRTC.
- Landed bug 1034114 - WebApp startup slowed significantly by debug server
- Landed bug 1072639 - Notification event handlers not triggered for web apps webapp notification context
- Fixed & landed bug 1051654 - APKs for previous versions of Nightly and Aurora stick around in Downloads
- Fixed & landed bug 896735 - App update fails if Download folder doesn't exist
- Janus Proxy (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Janus)
- Applied workaround for image compression issue (low quality images may increase in size temporarily)
- Land bug 1071831 - HTML5 video playback is not paused in the browser after opening in external player
- Fix bug 1022669 - Display does not turn off while playing audio
- Look into bug 942736 - Page-position when going back a page is not always remembered when conducting a scroll on prior page and then hitting back
- Janus Proxy fixes and improvements
- bug 1074189 - crash in java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.GeckoApplication.onActivityResume$642b2292(GeckoApplication.java)
- bug 1054035 - Block about urls in guest mode
- bug 1071116 - crash in java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: invalid value for param: totalBytes at android.app.DownloadManager.addCompletedDownload(DownloadManager.java)
- bug 1070797 - crash in java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: mimeType cant be null at android.app.DownloadManager.validateArgumentIsNonEmpty(DownloadManager.java)
- bug 1072332 - crash in java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.db.PerProfileDatabases.getDatabaseHelperForProfile(PerProfileDatabases.java)
- bug 1071091 - System download manager needs a build time pref
- bug 1072376 - Regression: Open/Close animation of the tabs tray and menu is sluggish
- bug 1063541 crash in java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Wifi:Enable was not registered at org.mozilla.gecko.EventDispatcher.unregisterListener(EventDispatcher.java)
- bug 1071076 - Search button on keyboard doesn't work with the search widget in error pages
- bug 1056002 - Experiment tinting Android's statusbar with our tabs tray background color
- bug 1061508 - Consider fading edge in toolbar's title instead of ellipsis
- bug 1070029 - Fade last character on labels rather than use "..."
- bug 1072414 - Use outsideOverlay scrollbar style in pre-search UI
- bug 1074208 - Tweak tab curve
- bug 1073066 - Reader mode menu background color is inconsistent with new toolbar grey
- bug 1065494 - Put the new tablet UI behind a build flag
- bug 1073474 - Fix resource dependency issues in new tablet UI (affects SDK9-only builds)
- (Preliminary investigation) bug 1067425 - Screen goes black when invoking the share overlay on Android L
- Initial Probe and dspec runs in Fennec
- Lots of reviews
- Fix fallout from status bar tinting or backout feature
- Wrap-up tab strip bits for the current engineering milestone
- Onboarding follow-ups (bug 1072831, bug 1074570)
- bug 1059792 - Hunting down non-locally-reproducible rc failure
- Search activity - bug 1068411
- Contextual hints
- 782360 - Documentation links for mobile add-on development are wrong
- 1050457 - Search activity edit field has border on Android 4.1
- 1063193 - Performing searches with Wikipedia search engine immediately launches Fennec
- 1063703 - Add brand colors to built-in search plugins
- 1064152 - Properly handle intent:// URIs
- 1065891 - Keep Fennec default search engine pref in sync with search activity default pref
- 1074204 - Wrong android:summary text to Settings Sync on Gingerbread devices
- Browser toolbar refresh
- bug 1058909 - Implement new tablet toolbar display mode
- bug 1071878 - Sites without favicons should show an empty rectangle rather than a globe
- bug 1071226 - Refine private browsing new tablet browser toolbar
- bug 1073449 - Regression: the default favicon icon looks too big on phones
- bug 1072466 - Update new tablet assets
- Browser toolbar refresh
- bug 1071267 - Revise door hanger behavior in new tablet toolbar
- bug 1019127 - Remove updateChildrenEnabledStateForEditing
- bug 960746 - Back/forward button state can get out of sync on tablets
- bug 1070087 - Discuss new tablet menu bar button size
- bug 1072464 - Discuss new tablet forward button size
- bug 1072469 - Discuss new tablet browser toolbar height
- bug 1075531 - Robocop failures in larch due to changes in toolbar
- bug 1020534 - Tablet toolbar icons hard to read on dark lightweight themes
- Herding bug 941155 (fix talos on mobile to have pageloader tests working in regular mode and nochrome mode) along
- bug 939350 - Create Python linter wrapper
- bug 983437 - Delay FHR pruning until the screen is off
- bug 989441 - Centralized documentation for writing tests
- bug 1058902 - Implement new tablet browser toolbar editing mode
- Project Vancouver. Writeup to follow this week, along with more work.
- ~1 day PTO.
- FxA metrics investigation for board stuff.
- Lots of Sync and FHR randomization -- reviews (e.g., bug 675397, questions (e.g., pagination), Dispensing Hard-won Experience®.
- Mobile reviews. Backlog built up last week, which I'm burning through now.
- bug 1045053 is awaiting bnicholson review.
- Code: Remote Tabs home panel UI polish tickets landing this week. Split pane tablet view still outstanding.
- Code: Re-landing bug 1065306 because Python and Unicode is a match made in heaven.
- Testing: working on first pass at test runner for instrumentation tests in automation (meta bug is bug 1064004).
- IDEs: meeting with mhaigh to discuss Android best practices and Android Studio integration tomorrow morning.
- 899643 - Refresh Remote Tabs list visual style
- 1064162 - The URL displayed under tab titles in the Synced Tabs panel disappears for a while after choosing "Open in New Tab"/"Open in Private Tab"
- 1064177 - Synced Tabs panel shouldn't be present in Guest Mode
- 1065306 - Write search engine metadata from region.properties to res/raw at build time
- 1069648 - Add instrumentation manifests to moz.build
- 1070057 - Make TestResolver.resolve_tests filter by subsuite
- 1072954 - Issues with hidden/unhidden devices on Synced Tabs
- Laptop died - much stress
- Bug 1066905 - Merge TabRow.java and TabsLayoutItemView.java
- Been talking to IDEA about group IntelliJ licence - they've offered us a three month group trial licence with a review after based on uptake.
- Bug 1063586 - Audit tab related XML files to use new terminology
- Bug 1066546 - Move new tab and overflow menu icons in the tabs layout to the top whilst in portrait mode
- Bug 1075576 - Change the TabsLayoutAdapter API to use TabsLayoutItemView instead of the generic View
- Post of how to develop Fennec in IntelliJ - basic step through instructions written
- Talked to Lastpass about how to get native password integration in Fx - have code back from them but interested to discuss topic with others before doing anything.
- Tablet V1 wrap up
- Firefox Search V1 wrap up
- Toolbar improvements V1 wrap up
- bug 1071730: Working on ideas to improve search on Fennec
- General UI clean up bugs
- Worked on search/edit mode on tablet. Get to v1 and v2 scope this week.
- Synced up with FxOS UX Taiwan about copy + paste interactions
- Continue to follow up with the UX for search engine update
- Discussions about lightweight onboarding. Get to a few concepts for full "Get started" this week.
- Menu Reorganization - Tools is now Page tools bug 1072678
- Menu Reorganization - Settings bug 1073294
- Menu Reorganization - Customize bug 1073285
- N2R landing page and icon - http://people.mozilla.org/~randersen/privacy-coach/. Currently blocked waiting on copy.
- Project 105 concepts
- Provided feedback on bug 1064867
- Myk still distracted by another project
- making progress on hiring for open position
- needinfo Myk for urgent issues