- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next merge is 2013-01-06
- With the extra week in this cycle, we have Fx18b7 prepping for release
Major Topics for This Week
- Customizing Home Page
- Wes landed to initial capabilities for allowing users to "pin" and "unpin" custom URLs in thumbnails on about:home. Long tapping on the thumbnail allows users to edit or clear the custom URL for a thumbnail position. We planned on shipping this in Fx20, so we need lots of testing and UI tweaks before the merge.
- Tab Selector (normal, private and sync)
- The last major UI feature (I think) of private browsing landed. The Tab Selector is displayed in the Tabs Tray and allows you to show normal tabs, private tabs or synced tabs. The feature also adds a menu to the tabs tray. Again, we need some testing and UI tweaks before merge day.
- NDK r8c Support
- We are in the process of moving ARMv6 and ARMv7 builds to use the r8c NDK. Android x86 builds will likely follow too.
- Nightly Crashes
- We had a bump in the Nightly crash rate, mostly due to some new features landing. Let's be sure to follow-up with fixes.
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Dec 19 - Jan 2:
- bug 785597 - fix crash in AndroidGLController::SetGLVersion
- bug 807447 - respect initialScale in meta-viewport tag
- bug 666600 - add an option to set the default zoom level
- bug 820302 - fix fullscreening glitch on N7 fullscreen animation
- bug 771746 - make scrollbars visible on a black background
- bug 772974 - fix alignment of LOAD segments with armv6 and gold
- bug 803601 - fix SIGILL when building ARMv6 builds with r8c
- bug 825151 - switch ARMv7 builds over to NDK r8c
- bug 825453 - switch ARMv6 builds over to NDK r8c
- figure out intermittent failure in bug 825426 as it blocks bug 785597 which blocks some perf measurement patch
- work on a heuristic for grouping similarly-styled elements for font inflation (bug 757257)
- bug 793755 - fix a talos regression from september
- ouya stuff?
- New blog entry: http://gbrownmozilla.wordpress.com/2012/12/31/firefox-for-android-performance-measures-december-check-up/
Chris Lord (cwiiis)
- Back from holiday
- Catching up on bug-mail I put off
- Looking at screen size change transitions
- Past two weeks
- Landed bug 814689 - Typing is not working for full flash sites
- Landed bug 821979 - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: invalid selection offsets
- Landed bug 822755 - ANR when GeckoEditable responds to stale actions
- Uplifted bug 819073 to Aurora - Keyboard stops working after going back from Awesomescreen when "Don't keep activities" is enabled
- Landed bug 824715 - Wrong next page offset in custom linker
- More improvements to C++ unit test debugging in JimDB and got Mochitests to debug in JimDB
- Last week:
- Broke & fixed the interwebs
- Next week:
- Cleanup SafeBrowsing
- Bug 823325 - Text cursor handle doesn't disappear when switching tabs
- Other text handle/selection bugs
- Fixed a regression from new tabs panel.
- Optimized about:home layout by reducing views.
- Built a proper dependency chain for landing Persona patches in Aurora.
- Fixed the forward button's border in tablets.
- Experimental patch: Resize personas only when the UI element's size changes.
- Bug 825176 - [Tablet] The forward button is hidden when closing the Tab Drawer
- Bug 783312 - Make top sites customizable on about:home
- Bug 725018 - Tapping into a field does not zoom into the field
- Bug 824475 - Regression: Unable to invoke a context-menu on input fields and text-selection
- Bug 734877 - Add support for 'PageActions' so add-ons can add indicators to the URLBar - WIP up in bug, but this will need some UX input before it moves further.
- Bug 783312 increased random orange. Looking at a fix
- Bug 825505 - crash when calling 'Edit' context menu for site/page/thumbnail on about:home and returning to it with the 'Back'
- Bug 792077 - Fennec mulit-locale apk should contain only java, browser, and select toolkit strings
- Bug 817586 - Top Sites pages cannot be tapped after going through History
- Gaia blockers
- B2G work week in Berlin
- Vacation Jan 16-23
- bug 654352 : document.caretPositionFromPoint implementation (landed)
- bug 803719 : Reflow-on-zoom should zoom in and snap to a piece of text
- bug 756518 : Modify conditional detection of mobile sites for font inflation (required above bug 821801).
- bug 825499 : Add caretPositionFromPoint to Document.webidl
- bug 824965 : caretPositionFromPoint gets incorrect offset for textareas
- bug 761987 - top top crash in automation. If you take a look, please do.
- bug 823550 - Ensure saving favicons to DB happens on the GeckoBackgroundThread
- bug 824023 - while testing robocop, I see mention of unknown host exceptions in the logfile
- bug 823550 - Ensure all DB access happens on the GeckoBackgroundThread (more to audit, see top crasher for Fx17)
- Wrangling a Metro work week
New section to recognize work from our awesome contributors!
- Sriram R finished bug 715736 - Add 'Save as Wallpaper' Android functionality in context menu when viewing images
- Mavericks picked up some new bugs - bug 810342, bug 801739
- Capella wrote an add-on to restore the "Quit" menuitem for users who want it - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/android/addon/quitnow/
- Rafael fixed a crash on start up for the Kindle Fire 7" bug 791419
- Ian Patterson fixed bug 712748 when saving jpg files
- Tetsuharu OHZEKI fixed a regression in text selection bug 824516, added a setting for 3rd party cookies bug 810794 and cleaned up some other settings (bug 811284 and bug 811285)
Nothing to report due to holidays, more next week.