- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next merge is 2013-10-28
Topics for This Week
- New Home Page
- Core work was uplifted to Aurora. Landed a few performance and memory usage fixes on m-c, which need to be uplifted too.
- Favicon Work
- We have a few favicon issues that need patches and uplift to Aurora. These must be done with care. We have a large favicon patch landing on Nightly soon. Watch for regressions.
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge.
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Last week:
- landed bug 911574 to fix scrolling on yahoo fantasy sports and other pages
- landed bug 911152 to fix scrolling on thedissolve.com but it was backed out for seemingly-unrelated randoms. currently debugging
- landed bug 921477 to fix a typo in cert code
- landed bug 918682 to fix fullscreen mode in some scenarios
- landed bug 916379 to fix a koi+ bug on B2G where pages were rendered zoomed in initially
- landed bug 919437 to fix the values of window.innerWidth and window.innerHeight to be consistent with other browsers
- discussed and came up with a plan for compositor-thread input event handling with roc, BenWa, and nrc
- reinstalled linux on my desktop machine because python is hard to upgrade
- interviews, reviews, overhead, etc.
- Next week:
- re-land bug 911152
- get back to working on bug 920036 (input events on B2G) now that we have a consistent plan for making that happen
Chris Lord (cwiiis)
- Past week
- Finally fixed test for bug 897221, landing soon
- Worked on bug 920222 - Setting breakpoints at not-yet-decompressed locations results in crashes
- Looked more closely at bug 917515 - crash in mozilla::Selection::Collapse
- Looked at bug 919598 - too-long autocomplete hangs swiftkey & fennec
- Compositor hang monitoring
- SummitFox - GET YOUR COPY NOW!
- WebRTC uplifting & upstreaming
- bug 921041 Replace the thread local storage impl of GetJNIForThread
- bug 709230 Investigate ProGuard to shrink and optimize Fennec's
- WebRTC UI test
- CPU Load Monitor / WebRTC adaption
- Debug builds break all the time, we do no tests on them, SO NOW THEY DONT EVEN COMPILE.
- Last week: in Chicago attending the C++ Standards Committee Meeting
- see dev-platform thread for news about what happened there
- Continue dynamic toolbar work for B2G, notably bug 912666
- Almost done Spatial Navigation bug 698437
- Resolved bug 813379: sending speculative connections to default search engine
- worked on bug 813380: sending speculative connections to links in the awesome screen, but that got marked WONTFIX
- started work on bug 852935: enabling gamepad API for android
- almost done bug 863966: caching selector list for querySelector and querySelectorAll
- Granted my first review! changes to a bit I wrote in the DOM
- Work on enabling gamepad APIs
- Refactor code in mobile/android
- bug 897162 - [Fig] about:home starts up slower on Android 2.3.x
- Started looking into profile refactor
- IntelliJ support https://github.com/thebnich/mozilla-central/commits/intellij
- blue highlight overscroll
- Bug 780379 - Firefox mobile cannot open .m3u8 file (broken file?)
- Bug 777451 - Allow better communication between pages and java in robocop tests
- Bug 757481 - Tests for prompt service
- Bug 920170 - Provide an intent chooser dialog type
- New about:home
- Uplifted new-new-abouthome to Aurora
- bug 919516 - [Tablet] The previous bookmark in the list is opened when opening bookmarks from the Bookmarks list
- bug 906230 - Hide the Reading List page in about:home on low memory devices
- (In progress) bug 918007 - Tapping on back/forward buttons should dismiss editing mode on tablets
- (In progress) bug 917776 - The Custom Menu should not be accessible while in edit mode
- Startup glitches
- bug 917805 - Current tab is briefly visible when you open an external link
- bug 911695 - Reader mode toolbar icons are blurry
- Many patch reviews
- Reading List / Reader Mode v2 planning with ibarlow
- Bug Triaging FAQ
- about:home bug fixing for Fx26
- bug 921023 - Cannot enable Mixed Content Blocking after disabling it
- bug 921265 - Home banner won't get updated if about:home is showing when first message is added
- bug 910106 - Frequent intermittent failures caused by the home pager not being hidden
- Filed bug 923109 as a follow-up to figure out a reliable way to directly load urls in test
- Blog post about home page snippets: http://blog.margaretleibovic.com/post/62378620575/home-page-snippets-for-firefox-for-android
- In Progress/Next
- More new-about-home fixes needed for 26
- bug 920674 - Add clarifying log statements to Prune service
- bug 870171 - Expire old data
- bug 920225 - Correct comments in manifest files
- bug 915355 - "keyword-search" event triggers on default search engine searches
- bug 920642 - rm dead files
- https://github.com/mcomella/addon-push - Wraps the ADB calls to push an addon to your device
- new-new-about-home bug list (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=cf_blocking_fennec%3A26%2B&list_id=8117540)
- Architecture docs
- Minor bugs and regressions
- Something else (TBD)
- Reviewing favicons, FxA, etc.
- Landed thumbnail fix: bug 919768
- Working on distribution IDs in FHR: bug 922694
- At an appointment, so status update on wiki only.
- Firefox Accounts:
- Landed BrowserID crypto tools and Mozilla Token Server client (Bugs 799734 and 799732, respectively).
- First working Sync demo against Firefox Account (new auth) + Sync 1.1 code base (old Sync protocol).
- JUnit 3 testing:
- Landed build system improvements and code to build background.apk (the JUnit 3 test suite) (Bugs 919563 and 903534, respectively).
- Trying to push Eclipse/IntelliJ project building forward
- Landing more Sync updates and Firefox Account IDP client
- Building a test harness for JUnit 3 testing
- Last week:
- Still working on bug 895358
- Implemented posix version of cross process mutex to protect unsafe shared memory.
- Reading through code
- Learning how not to use Mercurial.
- Next week:
- Get patch up for review?
- patch up for review for tab sharing in bug 742832
- Getting second-screen patches started through feedback cycle
- Getting GeckoView patches started through feedback cycle
- Fixed a GeckoView issue
- Feature planning
- Lots of little bugs
- Helped to refine our big brainstorm list a bit
- Drafting a design strategy deck for the next 6-12 months of work
- Firefox 25
- 24 release has ~50% higher crash rates than 23 did