- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next merge: 2013-09-16
Topics for This Week
- UI Test Code
- The front-end team started looking into ways to improve the way we write UI (Robocop) tests. Goals include: Providing building blocks to make it easier to write tests, Find ways to improve reliability of tests and update to additional frameworks so test can be split into UI and non-UI parts. See Lucas' mailing list post for more background and ways to help.
- GeckoView Status
- Shane Tully and Brad Lassey have been working on patches, and landing a few. We are in a much better place and Finkle has picked up the ball a bit to propose some embedding interfaces and APIs. See the mailing list post for more details. We'd like to get more feedback before committing to the initial embedding plan.
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge.
- Makoto Kato (:m_kato) filed and fixed bug 910095 - Remove unused methodjit pref
- Capella landed two more text selection fixes (and has more in the works)
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Last week
- many many reviews
- landed bug 907754 to initialize the zoom on subframes properly
- tried to land bug 906877 to remove some dead code which broke some marionette tests, and got backed out
- landed bug 910322 to strongly type some viewport code
- landed a patch on bug 884047 to add diagnostic logging
- did a bunch of digging on bug 898444 but am blocked waiting for info from mattwoodrow and/or timothy nikkel
- Next week
- figure out what's going on in bug 911167 (metro start page behaves strangely with APZC)
- try to determine the root cause of the talos improvement/regression from bug 907754 - that shouldn't have affected fennec at all.
- re-land bug 906877 after fixing the marionette tests
- look into bug 911345 (b2g browser sometimes renders pages zoomed out)
Chris Lord (cwiiis)
- Past week
- Same stuff
- Last week:
- This week:
- Familiarized myself with displayport code in Fennec and B2G
- bug 908958 - "Scrolling misbehaviour with long iframe in B2G browser"
- was related to bug 904533 - posted a combined patch there, was reviewed successfully, should land later today
- bug 911349 - " Disallow double-tap zoom on subframes" - starting to look at this
- Done/in progress
- Investigated Firefox for reader bugs (bug 890393/bug 890392)
- Investigating bug 904784 - Local shared active media notification does not dismiss on tab close; possible gUM leak
- bug 862801 - Landed about:home snippets.
- bug 911830 - about:home completely blank after exiting.
- bug 898646 - Focus graphics state in history page's tabs.
- bug 907175 - Wrong tab is highlighted in tablets' editing mode.
- bug 909539 - Off-by-one error on history page in tablets.
- bug 909375 - Use website url as title, when title is not available.
- bug 906227 - Switch-to-tab in last tabs page.
- Exploring - Thumbnail animations, removing a history tab.
- On vacation most of last week
- Found the cause of 901426 - Web Apps can not be opened from Firefox for Android notification and crashes Firefox
- Bug 896350 - Unable to open files by tapping the download complete notification
- Looking at Bug 826325 - Decide where window.open should open content
- bug 910859 - Bootstrap new UI testing API
- bug 911295 - Use empty URL if entering editing mode on startup with no tabs
- (Landed) Bug 899183 - [fig] Re-implement robocop testBookmarklets.java.in
- Preliminary investigation of fig's performance impact
- Focus on fig performance
- Land more ported tests to fig
- More work on the new UI testing API based on feedback
- Fig empty screen follow-up (bug 907852)
- things for 25 (bug 888982, bug 900564, bug 909938)
- bug 852608 - opensearch
- In Progress
- bug 905262 - JS API to add content to the promo banner
- More new about:home follow-ups
- bug 794981 - Stopped segfaulting. Patches almost no longer annoying reviewers - soon able to generate many of the entry points to Java from C. Relatively simple follow-up bug can expand the scope of the solution to generate more (Ideally essentially all) of them.
- Preferences revamp
Once 888326 is resolved, 895423 is solved essentially for free and work can resume on the addons customisation side of things (Which also depends on this work for its UI). Once 794981 lands, A followup bug will be created for the remaining work towards making Proguard less impossible. (Certainly, it now appears to be quite doable to have Proguard and not have to either maim performance or annotate hundreds of things. The above comments neglect Robocop - this still needs sorting out (Quite possibly just ignoring in the first pass)). No longer stuck!
- bug 909274: Unable to scroll through search engines
- bug 870925: (f+) Add submissions info to FHR documents
- Part 1: (f+) Implementation
- Part 2: Tests
- bug 870171: Expire old FHR data (taking a while...)
- Part 1: (f+) Add deletion methods
- Part 2: (f+) Consolidate Receivers
- Part 3: (f+) Create prune service, using methods from part 1
- Part 4: Followup tests to part 3
- bug 870925: (f+) Add submissions info to FHR documents
RNewman (read the wiki)
- Reviewing code
- PiCL wrestling
- Sync migration.
Note: My apologies for being incommunicado for a bit. My brother was involved in a serious car accident.
- bug 766599: Refresh font inflation settings without page reload (and without crashing) - in review
- bug 794693: Crash fix (in review)
- bug 878935 : Force reflow-on-zoom to only repaint when completed.
- PTO last week
- flew to SF yesterday
- Tribe. It was great!
- Trying to put my Tribe learnings into practice
- Putting the finishing touches on a design doc for "save for later" partners
- Per-device Sync pref stuff http://cl.ly/2m1G1914030E
- Planning for next week's trip to SF
- SF from Monday to Thursday!
- Early wireframes for search suggestions – bug 909536
- Competitive analysis of designs/features in other e-readers + PDF readers
- Wrap up search suggestions design
- Sketches and design decisions for first version of PDF.js
- Write about Firefox Health Report for UX quarterly
- Ian is going to be in the bay area! \o/
- Refine initial designs of PDF.js
- hosting a about:home testday on Sept 20th, likely on Aurora
- during mobile WW, can we real time vidyo the discussion around the new UI Test code discussion? We'd like to invite Softvision to attend
- Team worked on testing webRTC android in different networks and conditions. See results
- New Hire
- Randall Baker started yesterday