- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next merge is Week of 2013-01-06
- Fx18 Beta 2 shipped
- Fx18 Beta 3 was built and is in QA
Major Topics for This Week
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Last week
- Worked more on hidden header, got a B2G build going for profiling
- This week
- Give up on hidden header (probably)
- Profile some B2G apps
- Knock off miscellaneous bugs in my list
- Nov 28 - Dec 5:
- font inflation triage with jwir3
- bug 816164 - gzip the crash report POST data
- bug 814418 - landed fixes to build with NDK r8c
- bug 793150 - invoking the menu should exit full-screen mode
- bug 817027 - fix JS warning
- bug 817067 - rewrite thumbnailing code to eliminate concurrency problems
- working on bug 780831, flash crashes
- continue on bug 780831
- tune displayport sizes/resolutions for low-mem platforms
- Last week:
- blog post: http://gbrownmozilla.wordpress.com/2012/11/30/mobile-firefox-performance-measures-november-check-up/
- bug 742804 Dialog dictates user to attempt to save downloads elsewhere
- bug 813724 Determine if it is possible to run Android tests in emulator-x86
- bug 816131 Determine if it is possible to run Android tests in virtualbox
- bug 816630 B2G XPCShell tests don't use the proper binary
- bug 816574 Intermittent Android Shutdown... application ran for longer than allowed maximum time
- bug 769524 Frequent robocop testSearchSuggestions | GeckoEventExpecter - blockForEvent timeout: SearchEngines:Data - on-going
- bug 770483 Intermittent Robocop testAboutPage | GeckoEventExpecter - blockForEvent timeout: Tab:Added - on-going
- bug 810347 More flexible test root support in sutAgent - on-going
- bug 761987 Intermittent Android shutdown, crashtests/468771-2.xhtml, basn2c16.html crash [@ nssCertificate_Destroy] ?
- Backlog of unresolved robocop issues
Chris Lord (cwiiis)
- bug 783368 - Low-res tile cache for tiled layers
- This bug fixes several other progressive-tile related regressions, such as bug 810278
- Fallout from bug 783368:
- bug 818169 - Add a pref for twiddling with low-res displayport resolution factor
- bug 783368 - Low-res tile cache for tiled layers
- Merge low-precision tiles work to Aurora?
- Mentoring morrison on bug 716403 (Request to hide the navigation bar when scrolling down content)
- Going on PTO from December 8th - January 1st (inclusive)
- Low priority/blocked
- bug 798539 - Jerkiness at the end of panning
- bug 788522 - Enable asynchronous opacity and transform animations
- Blog about invalidation work
- Blog about low-res tiles work
- bug 785069 - tcheckerboard2 has regressed substantially since Jul 22nd
- bug 792415 - Covered areas of fixed position elements are not rendered
- bug 783914 - WEBGL_depth_texture doesn't work using ANGLE (low priority)
- bug 800475 - Fade in new content tiles
- Past week
- bug 818301 - make JimDB work with C++ unit tests
- bug 810821 - Tapping on url bar with Samsung Galaxy Note's II stylus doesn't have url text selected
- bug 816486 - First letter is capitalized in the URL bar when using Swype Keyboard on LG Slider
- bug 809329 - Duplicate letters when Xperia pro keyboard has suggestions
- bug 815521 - SwiftKey colon long-press inserts colon and 'b' in URL bar for first instance of colon ("about:b")
- Last week:
- Next week:
- Run WebRTC unit tests. See things go boom.
- Figure out how to easily debug/run the tests on the device.
- Bug 816781 - Call notifyDataSetChanged() sooner when getting search engines
- Bug 815937 - Search suggestions animation glitchy on some devices
- Bug 768532 - Database located outside of profile, pre-gingerbread
- Bug 816902 - java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.AllPagesTab.setSuggestionsEnabled(AllPagesTab.java)
- Bug 795045 - Confine cursor positioning thumb control to edit box
- Bug 818065 - PBM - Make an about:privatebrowsing page
- Bug 701725 - Enable the ability to undo a closed tab
- Collision Repair: Pushed private browsing after burning the tree - bug 806937
- Retrofitting: GeckoPopupMenu and new tabs menu - bug 818229, bug 818238
- Detailing: Re-create back/forward in code - bug 817138
- Spring cleaning: Sync name over 1 line - bug 783251
- Tinkering: Optimizing tabs and menu button curves.
- Bug 816318 - Use System download manager on GB+ - Has a patch, but the system download manager isn't great.
- Bug 817125 - Make ActionMode work on Gingerbread - WIP up
- Bug 783312 - Make top sites customizable on about:home - Still working on this
- Bug 681805 - [TABLETUI] Hide forward button when there is not forward shistory. Up again for review
- Bug 817921 - can't get Images returned from the FilePicker in Webapps. Still trying to figure out what's wrong here.
- bug 798390 - Preserve tab shape when tab tray is open
- bug 812867 - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: width must be > 0 at android.graphics.Bitmap.checkWidthHeight(Bitmap.java)
- bug 709433 - animate awesome bar transition from tab bar to keyboard input
- bug 818021 - Pressing return from the awesome-screen feels abrupt
- bug 818415 - java.lang.NullPointerException: Layout parameters cannot be null at android.view.View.setLayoutParams(View.java)
- Fallout from bug 709433
- bug 817675 - New tabs UI
- Helped fix various Gaia blockers
- Helped onboard new Gaia developers
- Wrote a blog post about Bugzilla
- Gave a talk at Facebook about "Mobile at Mozilla"
- More Gaia work!
- bug 811825 : Reflow on zoom should have no effect on constrained height elements.
- Font inflation triage with kats
- Discussed a potential solution with dbaron about the ycombinator bug. I've been spending a lot of time thinking about how we can tackle this, I have a direction I can proceed to (hopefully) solve this. I'll be working on a prototype of this over the next couple of weeks, hopefully with success.
- bug 803719 : Reflow on zoom needs to zoom in and snap to a piece of text - I'm blocked with a strange issue where it's not correctly identifying the DOMRange.
- Working with a couple of contributors, one who will be assisting me with some reflow on zoom items.
- I could use some assistance getting nsIFrame::/nsIContent::List() to work on mobile.
- spent last week out west
- got x86 building on a RelEng mock slave
- 2013 goals/planning
- sorting out MWC demos
- Patrick McManus landed bug 792438 which improves real world networking performance by reordering requests to reduce packet loss from overflowing router buffers
- Backed out Marketplace promo banner from Beta
- Working with team on 2013 goals
- Telemetry for AboutHome and Awesomescreen seem to be moving in the right direction
- Figure out good way to get some of the larger UI work landed in small pieces
- Work with team on assignments for new tablet UI work
- Private Browsing - ongoing polish we'd like to see in Fx20
- bug 818071 Adjust title bar background to work with current icons and tab colour
- bug 818072 Back and forward button enabled / disabled states look reversed (could be related to previous bug)
- bug 818077 Avoid orange highlights when private browsing
- bug 818065 Make an about:privatebrowsing page
- bug 818067 Make entire awesomescreen dark when private browsing
- Tab refinements - meta bug 817675
- bug 817706 Add sections for normal, private and synced tabs
- bug 817721 Place tab tray on top in tablet portrait view
- bug 817728 Allow tab sidebar to be pinned open in landscape view
- bug 817732 Apply large tablet UI to smaller tablets like the Nexus 7
- bug 817735 Horizontal tab scrolling in landscape view for phones
- bug 817749 Phone - adjust tab title bar to help differentiate main menu from tab menu
- bug 818124 Create new tab transition (from tab tray)
- bug 817716 Add ability to close all tabs
- bug 817739 Add more information to synced tabs
- bug 701725 Enable the ability to undo a closed tab
- bug 718434 Visually denote new tabs that haven't been visited yet
- Safe browsing / error UI
- Need some front end love on bug 808636 Update visual style of mobile error pages
- UI Mocks / Flows / Bugs coming soon for
- about:home enhancements
- search enhancements
- sign in / create Firefox account
- guest browsing
UX Bonus Bugs
bug 716403 Scroll header off screen: Double bonus bug - 2 boxes of cookies to whoever fixes this! Snorp working on it!
- NEW bug 818113 Margin issues on google.com on Nexus 7
- bug 792407 Colour difference between title bar and in content UI background
- bug 715258 Favicons are low quality for internal / local pages
- bug 716051 Favicons are low quality for Mozilla-owned web properties
- bug 784362 Fix forward button bg alignment - DONE, thanks Sriram!
- NEW bug 739757 Audit all the popups, and bug 747922 Context menus aren't consistently styled
- bug 784366 Menu opens in the wrong direction
- bug 792410 Update tab thumbnails
Google Play Ratings
- 5 Star: 95,013
- 4 Star: 27,837
- 3 Star: 15,584
- 2 Star: 9,757
- 1 Star: 15,760
Total Rating: 4.08
Issues / Update
Google Play rating is moving up, we have a good chance of hitting visible 4.2 stars by the end of the year. In fact, this week we passed Chrome for Mobile in our average star rating, 4.08 to 4.07, the first time I know of this happened
In terms of Feedback, our input server is down right now so there isn't a detailed feedback summary yet, but manually rading our input fails to give any new issues. Hopefully the server will be back up and running today as Tyler is PTO Thursday and Friday.