- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
Topics for This Week
- Search activity
- Enabled in Nightly! Try it out. See blog post for some details. We're using bug 1017135 as a meta bug.
- Tablet refresh
- Good progress on the tab strip implementation (screenshot). Initial patches submitted for review.
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- vivek fixed bug 830270 - Remove synced tabs on Sync account deletion and bug 996227 - Add "Save as PDF" button test
- amoghbl1 finished bug 1018417 - ButtonToast doesn't do anything with duration parameter
- Ashish Madeti fixed bug 1039766 - Pasting into the url bar displays the search screen.
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Working on unbitrotting headless patch[es]
- Worked more on node-http2, still aiming to that from node-spdy next week
- Fixing up some UI issues in Janus addon
Alan K. (ack)
- CloudSync review finished, waiting for 2nd level review.
- Need feedback for manual sync UI changes (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1045046)
- Digging into FxOS wifi code
- Code reviews (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1048335)
- CloudSync partner support
- Meet with QA re: test plan for CloudSync
- Mesh/Wifi hacking
- Fixed broken BHR scripts
- Worked on documenting the BHR dashboard
- 966814 - Build with disabled X11 on linux failing to compile
- 1015932 - Create a way to share the OpenSLES engine between cubeb and WebRTC
- 1046275 - Concurrency issues in Android WebRTC code
- 1046038 - crash in nsUrlClassifierPrefixSet::MakePrefixSet(unsigned int const*, unsigned int)
- 1042689 - crash in java.lang.RuntimeException: Camera is already stopped! at org.webrtc.videoengine.VideoCaptureAndroid.stopCapture(VideoCaptureAndroid.java)
- 1047548 - Qt/No-X builds are failing because of missing Cairo build flags
- 1042525 - Latest Gecko does not build without-X
- 1043350 - screensharing causes a switch to the Windows 7 Basic appearance and a blinking mouse cursor
- Standalone WebRTC reviews
- Screen sharing/App sharing/Window sharing
Last week worked on:
- bug 1045967 Allow WebRTC to be built as a standalone library.
- bug 1048425 Enable support for tab sharing with Roku device.
- bug 1042525 Latest Gecko does not build without-X.
- Updated Roku build to latest code in mozilla-central.
Next week plans:
- Investigate OpenGL renderer for WebRTC standalone video.
- Investigate sending H.264 instead of VP8 video to standalone WebRTC.
- Continue to try and land standalone code.
- Janus Proxy (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Janus)
- Cache-correctness improvements
- (Note: |security.OCSP.enabled = 0| fixes some crash and slowness issues, bug 1047485)
Present & Future
- Janus Proxy
- More cache improvements
- Investigate fork issue
- bug 1046631 - Zoom level changes on some mobile sites on pressing the back button
- Fixed issues with audio playback
- Fix new issues with flushing
- Finally make the output handlers fully event-driven
- bug 1047607 - Take advantage of nsIURIFixup improvements for faster location bar searches
- bug 1039048 - EventDispatcher can eat errors
- (WIP) bug 967325 - Implement Java->Gecko request API
- Investigating bug 1043116 (Resources$NotFoundException) -- ideas welcome
- Working on getting jdk1.7 up on builders. Package conflicts. Releng is doing great work :)
- Widget stuff. Landed, but working on bug 1046419 - Refine appearance of search widget, and iterating with ux on bug 815682 - Lock screen widget/shortcut for Guest Sessions on Android 4.2 and above
- bug 940453 - [meta] Improve the UX for error pages
- bug 763671 - New designs for fennec form elements
- bug 998063 - Feed parser should support media:thumbnail
<Read Only> Last week
- Tablet refresh
- bug 1046200 - Create BrowserApp.isNewTablet()
- bug 1046212 - Rename tabspanel to tabsui
- bug 1047561 - Create settings UI for enabling the new tablet UI
- bug 1048575 - Disable dynamic toolbar when in new tablet UI
- bug 1048865 - Sync with upstream TwoWayView
- bug 1048903 - Change TabCounter to take layout id as an attribute
- bug 1048907 - Cast tabs button to ThemedImageButton instead of ShapedButton
- More tablet refresh
- bug 1042809 - Lightweight overlay for first run
- bug 1021751 - Polish for home contextual hints
- Reviews (Telemetry, misc)
- Search activity
- Small patches for bugs tracking 32/33
- 1042189 - Implement interaction designs for selecting a suggestion/history item
- 1045819 - Search bar overlaps suggestions and results on gingerbread
- 1042425 - Limit the number of history results shown during pre-load
- 1043029 - Active style for search history/suggestion items
- 1042415 - Don't allow user to submit empty query
- 1047128 - Launch URLs from search activity in Fennec
- 1046485 - Move search bar out of SearchFragment
- 1045648 - Sometimes header is not removed from results page
- 1045245 - Remove text icon from settings ImageButton
- 1046405 - Don't merge text_color_primary declaration with `grunt export`
- 1023972 - Search and Fennec should support the same SDK levels
- 1042956 - Add telemetry to search activity
- 992963 - Enable search activity in Nightly builds
- 1042958 - Launcher icon for search activity
- 1043522 - Subsequent searches will quickly flash the previous search in the WebView
- 1047264 - Regression: On screen options button appears after exiting edit mode on devices with hardware options button
- Assorted crash fixes, locale fixes, library load fixes ...
- Reviewing stumbler, cloudsync, share.
- Opining on some search stuff.
- Poking on all kinds of things. Spinning plates.
- bug 1045950 - Stopped WebRTC from using pseudorandom camera image dimensions.
- bug 1048651 - Spotted a critical flaw in Proguard that might eat our kittens. *whistles innocently*. Early stages of a system for generating Proguard keep directives from AST developed, though don't expect rapid progress on that front.
- bug 1048683 - Devised a cunning way to shrink nine-patches by collapsing identical pixel columns/rows in the scalable region (subject to safety conditions).
- bug 808872 - Working prototype of full-text indexing for Awesomebar queries. Order of magnitude performance improvement results (and query time ceases to be linear in history table size). (needs cleanup and slight rejig for landing, hopefully the next weekend should do it).
- bug 1049105 - Removed a slightly hazardous and entirely unuseful parameter from the code generator. Used the opportunity to dump a few cleanup patches I've had lying around for a while onto it.
- bug 1047971 - Deleted even more redundant field initialisers (added ability to detect redundant assignments-to-default present explicitly in constructors, as well as mopping up a few that bug 1041836 missed due to a regex bug. Whoops.
- bug 1044794/bug 1044947 - Share overlay has entered review hell. Supports adding bookmarks and send-to-tab: no reading list support just yet. Hopefully landing in the not-too-distant future...
In the nontrivially likely event I'm absent from the meeting, blame my 0800 Google interview (that I hopefully haven't slept through by the time you come to read this).
- Landed all the tab mirroring patches for chromecast support
- waiting for builders to be updated for it to be in nightlies
- bug 1048688 - videos aren't castable in vimeo
- Welcome Robin Andersen! \o/
- Last week
- Search activity design work
- Prep work for onboarding Robin
- Progress/loading animations work
- This week
- in SFO
- Search polish bugs
- Support lightweight onboarding implementation: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1042809
- Launcher and lock screen study in progress
- Tablet refresh design work
- bug 918309 - Import and use public domain JNI.jsm implementation - found crasher, on try, review request coming up
- All armv6 builds and tests are now disabled bug 1042835
- DB backend removed, posted MozStumbler build for community to test Fennec-related changes
- Post code-review cleanup, and refactor out community-contributed code I don't feel like cleaning, and isn't used by Fennec
- Working with rnewman on upload scheduling. Think we have agreement on a minimal/simple approach. Upload of stumbles occurs ~10 sec after ping from Fennec on resume, on pause. No other circumstance for now
- Stumbling in Fennec to retest my changes
- Note:If you are working on a feature targeting anywhere up to 34, and it is not listed below already, please call it out to me.
- Some new items have moved up into the 33 & 34 scope, from the last funnel review
- See Roadmap for more information, Meta bug details etc...
Firefox 32 (Beta) - Release: Sep 2, 2014
- [ON TRACK] Firefox Hub v3 (bugfixes & polish + more add-ons)
- [ON TRACK] Suggested sites v1
- [ON TRACK] Contextual tips for users
- [ON TRACK] UI lang switching
- [ON TRACK] Synced tabs page as entry point into Firefox Accounts & Sync
- [ON TRACK] Add a Clear History control to the history panel
- [ON TRACK] Android Gamepad backend
- [ON TRACK] Support weighed snippets
- [PROPOSED] Change default search engine in Nightly, Aurora & Beta to Yahoo!
- [ON TRACK] Added locale(s):Scottish Gaelic(gd), Fulah (ff), Armenian (hy-AM), Welsh (cy), Basque (eu), Icelandic (is)
Firefox 33 (Aurora) - Release: Oct 14, 2014
- [ON TRACK] Videocasting (Roku, Firefly, Chromecast)
- [AT RISK] Tab mirroring (Roku, Chromecast)
- [ON TRACK] Form auto-fill improvements - Backend
- [ON TRACK] OEM distro service
- [ON TRACK] Suggested sites v2(Distribution support & non-Mozilla suggested sites)
- [ON TRACK] Tabs updates and improvements
- [IN PROGRESS] Janus - Phase 1 (Client)
- [ON TRACK] Added locale(s):Aragonese (an), Kazakh (kk), Xhasa (xh), Frisian (fy-NL)
Firefox 34 (Nightly) - Release: Nov 25, 2014
- [PROPOSED] Search activity v1
- [IN PROGRESS] Fatfennec: Minifying JS
- [PROPOSED] Moz Stumbler
- [PROPOSED] Share handler overlay
- [PROPOSED] Improved "Send Tab to Device" Experience
- [PROPOSED] User-hand-holding to check the Unknown Sources checkbox
- [PROPOSED] Form auto-fill improvements, native client-side work
- [PROPOSED] Reflow on zoom (double tap) by default
- [PROPOSED] Kindle-related fixes
- [PROPOSED] Hub add-on: speed-dial panel
- [PROPOSED] First-run tips
- [PROPOSED] Preferred web content language
- [PROPOSED] Tablets: tabbed browsing refresh v1
- [PROPOSED] Suggested sites v3