- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next Merge: 2014-06-09
Topics for This Week
- Firefox Hub
- Hub hackathon this week, there are already 5 new add-ons for you to try! https://mobile.etherpad.mozilla.org/hub-hackathon
- UI Telemetry
- We started creating scripts to analyze the UI Telemetry data. Finkle started emailing some results around.
- Second Screen Meetup
- A small group will be meeting next week in SF to get Roku app into Nightly, work on Chromecast and FirefoxOS streamers, and focus on promotion.
- Contextual Hints
- We have a list of actionable tasks and will be making bugs (for those that are not already filed).
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- Isura Edirisinghe fixed some robocop bugs
- vivek dealt with a backout and re-landed bug 977167 - Open tabs should be filtered to exclude about:, chrome: etc. URLs prior to flushing to DB
- capella also dealt with a backout and re-landed bug 980074 - Tests for text selection
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
Alan K. (ack)
- Initial cloudsync implementation working
- Working through additional requirements added by partner (planned for 2-3 weeks)
- Creating additional root folders may be difficult
- There are still many places where we assume fxsync only
- Cloudsync up for review: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=993584
- No responses to any of my UI/UX requests
- Travel booked for work week in SF
- @rbarker: I want to try swapping in the standalone webrtc lib into node-webrtc
- NativeJSObject soon to support Bundles
- Next will be working on array support
- Last week:
- Disappearing search engines on Firefox desktop (incl happy ending, plugin got fixed on amo)
- Desktop debug crasher which turned out to be a Ghostery security issue (history repeats)
- WebRTC 3.50 Android uplift
- Next week:
- Debug the uplift, it pretty much compiles.
- Last Week: Got stand-alone WebRTC to compile but not link.
- This Week: Get stand-alone WebRTC To link. Also second screen hack week next week.
- bug 996129 - Personal data exposed in Top Sites thumbnails
- Second screen stuff
- bug 892125 - Create "Add-ons" page in settings. WIP up.
- Lots of reviewing :)
- (Landed) bug 996657 - Turn TopSitesCursorWrapper into a multi-cursor wrapper
- (Landed) bug 997660 - Update TopSites grid to use row types from TopSitesCursorWrapper
- (In progress) bug 997772 - Bootstrap suggested sites framework
- (In progress) bug 997782 - Use suggested sites in the top sites panels
- Patch reviews
- Side project: explorations around off-main thread layout passes on Android:
- Blog post coming soon-ish
- Firefox Hub hackathon
- Suggested sites and Hub stuff
- Contextual hints: timing for bug 998036 banners, thinking through a HintsController
- bug 921136 - Handling bookmarks and history together (...mostly learning SQL, Cursors)
- Next: Start on basic contextual hints bugs (basic help menu, etc)
- Character encoding menu problems on 29
- Weighted snippets
- Investigating better tab closing/un-closing experience
- Hub hackathon add-ons!
- Working in London next week
- 988909 - Context menus for dynamic panels
- 1002567 - Support weighted snippets
- 1003897 - Character Encoding selection broken in Fennec 29
- 1004160 - After banner message with no icon is shown, banner icon is always hidden
- bug 1000149 - Simplify edit mode
- bug 997477 - Add a way to close edit mode in one tap on tablet
- bug 998000 - Create BrowserApp.cancelEditingMode for consistency with BrowserApp.enter/commitEditingMode
- bug 958889 - Make Fennec "Synced Tabs" tray display entry point to Firefox Account + Sync when user has no existing accounts
- bug 1005924 - URL outline is not resized correctly after changing device orientation
- bug 932208 - BrowserToolbar and HomeFragment context menu 'Share' option should be disabled for these protocols: about:// chrome:// file://
- Too busy with other things:
- bug 983437 - Delay FHR pruning until the screen is off
- bug 997487 - (blocked) Add UI telemetry to editing mode cancel button
- bug 989441 - Centralized documentation for writing tests
- Zoom session bug
- SPDY proxy research
- bug 1002426 - Zoom level mangled after restoring session
- bug 1004488 - Page has wrong zoom level after pressing BACK button
- SPDY proxy (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Gonzales)
- bug 1000251 - Add robocop tests for zooming and zoom session history
- For fun: hub hackathon Hacker News add-on (https://github.com/eamsen/hn-panel)
- Useful for newbies: improved reviewer recommendation tool (https://github.com/eamsen/superblame)
- Locale switching UI flip-flopping between phone and tablet. Almost there!
- bug 965371 -- reporting device type in FHR.
- Randomization, fixes, flappin' my jaw, the usual.
- Build-system-as-a-service: locale chooser, suggested sites resources, Android v7 support library and ChromeCast SDK integration :)
- Spent yesterday making local-Robocop not suck as hard; patches by EOW?
- 976216 - Include -purgecaches command line to Gecko for developer builds of Fennec
- 1000676 - Add about:devices page to display available second screens
- second screen
- got the dongle working in Fennec with an addon
- UI Telemetry
- Second screen (meetup next week)
- Hub Hack Week! I have Instagram and Wikipedia on my homepage!
- Staring at fresh telemetry numbers, avoiding the temptation to act on them yet :)
- Scoping work on Contextual Hints
- Working on a preliminary "Search" deck with Anthony
- Working on tablets with Yuan
- Looking forward to closing bug 1002628
- Just generally excited about mobile :)
- In London next week!
- Back from vacation. Ping if you need me.
- continuing focus on significant bugs, valuable enhancements, and comprehensive tests
- Notable Issues:
- bug 889744 - Cannot install packaged apps from reviewer details page on Android - candidate for uplift
- bug 986085 - User-hand-holding to check the Unknown Sources checkbox - patch in review
- bug 991394 - previously-installed apps stop running - under investigation, stuck
- bug 995803 - crash in java.lang.IllegalStateException - under investigation
- bug 957067 - Pass back error when incorrect data passed through in install APK - patch in review
- bug 978143 - Cancelling APK installation does not trigger error callback - depends on bug 957067
- bug 1003962 - Line Runner hangs on launch with white screen - new