- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Fennec 7 (nightly)
- This is the active development trunk
- Fennec 6 (aurora)
- The door is closing for new patches
- Fennec 5 Beta 4 (beta)
- Fennec 5 Beta 5 (beta)
- We will go to build with desktop, but we don't know if we will actually ship it
Major Topics for This Week
- Work for Fx7 -> We have Features, Bugs and Testing
- Look at larger list of Features to add a few to the release.
- Know your ABCs (Always Be Coding)
- If you get stuck on something, have a backup project to fallback.
- Keep patches and reviews moving forward.
- language selection is in nightlies, but needs pref-ing on
- text selection handles over for dev
- error page revisions ready to go
- hope to see ben's awesome elastic sidebars land!
- Ian starting on camera UI
- ongoing work on
- honeycomb theme and structure
- sync improvements
- readability discussion yesterday; mbrubeck drafting proto-spec
- user study re: discoverability this afternoon
- ongoing longer-term tablet concept work and Firefox Home design work with that team
- work has moved to http://hg.mozilla.org/users/blassey_mozilla.com/droid-plugins (regular repo, not shared patch queue)
- Sample plugin renders in both implemented drawing models
- We seem to have implemented everything Flash calls, but we're not seeing it render.
- bug 661843 GeckoSurfaceView may double memory requirement for painting
- Chris Lord jumped right in and potentially halved our SurfaceView's memory requirement
- Welcome to the team!
- Cache improvements
- Cache compression under review: compress uncompressed text/html/js files using zlib
- Implementing improved eviction algorithm for disk cache
- Found a bug in the memory cache implementation of LRU-SP
Android device compatibility survey summary
- todo: Triage responses
Firefox 5 beta 4 signed off yesterday
Firefox 5 beta 5 internal only
- l10n checks
13 days to next merge
- Aurora 6 feature work progressing
- Nightly 7 assembling requirements for features
- format will change for next week; please speak to nhirata for any ideas to make this better for developers
- (lsblakk) bug 661764 - Fennec 5.0b5 - waiting for 'go'. Lukas is in Paris, and will be building in UTC+1 time.
- bug 660943 - Fennec 5.0b4 - pushed live yesterday
- bug 574764 - port mobile releases to 0.8 automation. Go/no-go for 6.0b1 will be this Friday. Fallback option is to continue using split repo releases until it is ready.
- Now on Firefox tinderbox page. Unit tests are hidden -- bug 661896 tracks the blocking bugs needed to unhide.
- [FIXED] bug 660365 - org.mozilla.fennec_unofficial
- [FIXED] bug 661994 - fennec won't install on tracemonkey
- [FIXED] bug 662470 - tegra jsreftests on tracemonkey
- [almost there?] bug 643607 - browser-chrome T-FAIL
- fyi: l10n changes. Note that "de" was last in Fennec5.0b1, not b2,b3,b4; "no-NO" has not been in Fennec5.0b1,b2,b3,b4.
- How do we reduce the number of meetings?
- How many people find these updates useful ? Is the wiki enough, or does it help to have a voice?
- Meetings with Jetpack and WebApp teams this week