- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Fx18 Shipped! \o/
- Next merge is 2013-02-18
Major Topics for This Week
- Fx18 shipped
- Haven't seen a lot of press feedback yet, but we did break 2M ADIs yesterday.
- HTML5 context menu support
- Wes landed support for HTML5 context menus into Fx20. He has a demo page to try it out.
- Rolled back Share menu
- We had a few bugs with our current Share menu - where we list the apps you can share stuff with - and had to rollback to the old behavior where we use the Android system "Share" picker. We'll look into a custom Share menu again when we have the glitches figured out. We'll rollback Aurora and Beta too.
- Nightly crashes
- We had a bump in the Nightly crash rate, mostly due to some new features landing. Let's be sure to follow-up with fixes. Bug list too.
- Benchmarks and compatibility
- A new effort is starting up and will focus on Firefox, Benchmarks and Compatibility. Deb has started collecting relevant info.
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Bug 824777 - firefox crash on trulia.com
- Benchmarking B2G Maps and PDF.js
- Writing cross-browser memory benchmark that can run directly on devices
- Jan 2 - Jan 8
- bug 826411 - remove comment about compiler workarounds
- read up on how CSS styling works in gecko and have a plan for font inflation grouping
- bug 785597 - crash when GetLayerManager is called early (pending review)
- bug 826300 - allow compositor resuming to fail to prevent deadlocks (pending review)
- bug 828039 - enable ionmonkey on android-x86
- bug 827836 - force a viewport update after aborting animations
- bug 828124 - don't count 512-meg devices as "low memory"
- bug 828316 - rename setForceRedraw to forceRedraw
- bug 757257 - implement font inflation grouping
- bug 802130 - do some threading cleanup
- look at gamepad support on ouya
- Last week:
- unit test support landed; see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Fennec/Android#cppunittests
- bug 803158 if no crash report is generated by a tegra ... use ndk-stack to get a stack
- bug 811793 Get at least a minimal subset of Android XPCShell tests running on tbpl
- bug 810471 Crash on startup during various tests - on-going
- robocop failure investigations: bugs 770483, 813107, 817440, 824067 - on-going
- Continue looking into test startup crashes and robocop failures
Chris Lord (cwiiis)
- Coming up
- bug 766066 - B2G mozKeyboard.onfocuschange shouldn't be raised when you are scrolling
- And helping cjones and dflanagan track down some B2G keyboard bugs (no Bugzilla links)
- bug 816298 - Change -moz-user-select:none behavior to match WebKit
- And more Fennec bugs! :D
- Past week
- Fixed bug 827065 - assertion in Android nsWindow.cpp::FlushIMEChanges (change.isTextChange)
- Fixed bug 817386 - java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: getChars (0 ... <n>) ends beyond length 0
- Worked on bug 827564 - would be very convenient to be able to specific env vars to JimDB at run-time
- Investigated bug 824760 - generate core dumps when we have a crash on android
- Investigated bug 826053 - Detect and report ANRs through our own channel
- Started mentoring two contributors
- bug 827176 - java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.GeckoInputConnection.notifyTextChange
- bug 827325 - Regression: Unable to enter 'o' and 'p' in a URI; characters deleted following a colon
- bug 825120 - Previous composition is not cleared when changing focus from old to new input
- Low priority/Blocked
- Waiting on info from reporter - bug 809329 - Duplicate letters when Xperia pro keyboard has suggestions
- Last week:
- WebRTC: https://webrtc-apps.etherpad.mozilla.org/4
- Desktop to Device audio call WORKING
- Small SafeBrowsing cleanup
- This week:
- Start looking at video or cleanup/land some WebRTC stuff
- Bug 818065 - PBM - Make an about:privatebrowsing page
- Bug 823325 - Text cursor handle doesn't disappear when switching tabs
- Bug 826273 - Opening private tab and attempting to open a tab from last time opens it in a normal tab
- Bug 825821 - Request Desktop site doesn't work on Wikipedia
- Bug 826267 - crash @ java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.AllPagesTab.showSuggestionsOptIn(AllPagesTab.java)
- Bug 823679 - AnnouncementPresenter notification not using simplified branding icon
- Bug 825612 - Regression in "time to throbber start" and "time to throbber stop" - Dec 22
- Bug 816998 - Clipboard buffer contains copied link from a Private Tab outside of Private Browsing
- Bug 667243 - use caretPositionFromPoint for controlling text selection
- A lot of progress in UI update for tabs.
- Removed bunch of code for "Share" to work properly.
- Uplifted patches for personas to beta.
- "+" should work differently for normal and private sections.
- Bug 736321 - Support HTML context menus
- Bug 827608 - Use HTML context menus in about pages
- Beta stuff
- Bug 826075 - Add an indicator to pinned sites
- Bug 826074 - Update terminology for customizing about:home
- Bug 828509 - HTML5 Context menus don't work on links, in Fennec
- Customize v2 stuff
- Back from vacation
- Patch reviews
- Work in progress for new tabs UI (bug 817735)
- First batch of patches for new tabs UI
- Blog about next featured bug
- B2G work week
- bug 825499 : Add caretPositionFromPoint to Document.webidl
- bug 803719 : Reflow-on-zoom should zoom in and snap to a piece of text
- Hopefully will be working by end of week. I'm using document.caretPositionFromPoint, which returns correct offset, but then trying to convert to a DOMRange so that I can use getBoundingClientRect().
- We're probably going to have to start thinking about how to make this more smooth (e.g. animations of reflow-on-zoom).
- bug 756518 : Modify conditional detection of mobile sites for font inflation (required above bug 821801).
- bug 824965 : caretPositionFromPoint gets incorrect offset for textareas
- IID and backout frustrations.
- bug 793755
- Talos Regressions Trobopan, Tdhtml, tp4m_nochrome on Sept 22
- Patch caches viewport data
- landed, bounced for test failures, follow up patch reviewed, just landed on inbound
- try showed a 22% win on tRobopan
- In progress
- bug 826607 don't block while pausing and resuming the compositor
- sorting out test failures
- sorting out plans for web compat in 2013
- bug 817440 - Intermittent testAddonManager | GeckoEventExpecter - blockForEvent timeout: Tab:Added
- bug 826535 - Permaorange on every branch testAddonManager because the test depends on a web page title loaded over the network
- bug 826467 - Avoid persisting tabs to tabs.db if Sync is not setup
- bug 824023 - while testing robocop, I see mention of unknown host exceptions in the logfile
- bug 823550 - Ensure all DB access happens on the GeckoBackgroundThread
- bug 826476 - Modify sqlite database pragmas to possibly improve performance
- getSelf issue
- distribution.json support
- search engines
- bug 817675 Tab Refinement - finalized visual design
- Preparing some notes for a yet-to-be-scheduled Font Licensing newsgroup discussion
- bug 827582 MWC about:home customization
- Coordinating with other teams on new First Run / Update UX
- Working on designs for a multi-device Reading List UX
- Looking for more info on ASLR in ICS. I see there's a bug - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=729617 but any more information on this would be welcome.
- Sriram R submitted patch for bug 814587
- alex submitted patch for bug 800188
- Agam is working on bug 809018 - DateTimePicker does not have 12 hour mode
- SiPlus is working on bug 825752 - Minus key (-) generates 0 keycode instead of 109 on TF300T
- cvielma is working on bug 454880 - Allow access to recent history through back/forward buttons
- mcomella has a fix in Bug 824161 - Homescreen widget doesn't open awesomebar
- Need to revisit expected behavior with UX on this one. We have taken a few stabs at implementing according to current spec.
bug 716403 - Request to hide the navigation bar when scrolling down content
- See animation here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2182500/mobile%20header%20interactions.mov
Not much forum feedback (3 questions as of 8a.m.). Will know more tomorrow on both forum and input.