- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Firefox 35 has shipped!
- Next merge: 2015-02-23
Topics for This Week
- Firefox 35
- Shipped a jam-packed release: Search activity & widget, Share overlay, Sync Tabs homepanel, Better error pages (Wifi and Search), Stumbler (perms bump), System DM integration (perms bump), Better network switching and lots of other stuff!
- The group driving the Password project has been meeting weekly, and has also started triaging bugs. Q1 goals include: Telemetry/Metrics; Changes to save/fill heuristics; and UX changes for saving, filling (including fallback) and password manager.
- Task Continuity
- The group working on Reader/Reading List have started meeting weekly and planning Q1 goals. Reader view for Android, iOS and Desktop seems to be moving ahead. UX is working on designs for Reading List on Desktop. The Reading Service is also moving ahead and work should be starting soon on client-side integration. The "Send Tabs to Devices" project has not been explicitly addressed yet, but should be soon. Work has been accumulating on that project, but it needs a bit of management/process.
- Next Build:
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
- Next Build:
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- Surabhi fixed bug 1116633, another instance of BufferedReader cleanup, and bug 1115542, adding license blocks.
- Skandan fixed bug 1118977, extracting a magic constant in LocalBrowserDB.
- (iOS) apbendi fixed bug 1109641 - Disable the back/forward buttons when there is nothing to do
- (iOS) kylenoble fixed bug 1117847 - Hide the keyboard when navigating between tab bar button items
- (iOS) aaronraimist fixed bug 1109641 - Use standard format for Mozilla Public License comments
- (iOS) palewar fixed bug 1109653 - Long press on back or forward should present previous visits
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Tried to review/understand jchen's JNI bindings rewrite. Awesome stuff.
- Working on a smattering of video bugs (inverted video, performance issues, removing powervr blacklist)
<Read Only> (on leave)
- bug 1119852 Camera width/height constraints ignored on Windows
- SafeBrowsing & Tracking Protection races
- WebRTC "40" uplift, Android parts
- WebRTC sandboxing: implemented first complete remoted parts
- Test WebRTC sandboxing, watch explosions
- Watch out for WebRTC uplift fallout
- Continued to work on landing:
- Same as last week.
- Start investigating receiving audio in standalone WebRTC.
- bug 1115377 - Fennec updater often doesn't work
- bug 1117095 - Update downloader should use a wifi lock
- bug 792992 - Can't override query URL for update service
- Landed search engines, bug 1112657
- bug 1119564 - Fix NotificationCenter leak in TabBarViewController
- bug 1121084 - Give the cancel button resistance to prevent it from disappearing
- bug 1118532 - Write a history sqlite provider
- bug 1116537 - Make the history panel work
- Landed FMDB as a backend, replacing with a custom one now though
- All refreshed from PTO :D
- Picking up onboarding, passwords again
- 1101741 - Add filtering on about:passwords
- 1107925 - Performing searches with Google search engine immediately launches Fennec
- 1111142 - Move Android-specific logic out of aboutReader.js
- 1114639 - Autophone - Throbber stop regression 2014-12-15
- 1116563 - Reading list items added from share overlay have no content in reading list
- 1117224 - Create group message manager to only load content.js framescript for tab <browser> elements
- 1117228 - Investigate lazy-loading Reader.js
- 1118835 - Consider adding back pref to show title in toolbar
- Back from PTO (재미있었다!)
- Catching up on new tablet
- Bugmail D:
- Browser toolbar cleanup
- Edit screen changes
- BrowserDB is gone. Access via the profile instead. Thanks to Wes for the initial patch and for slogging through the reviews.
- Fixed a bunch of oranges and miscellany.
- Lots of Sync, FHR, etc. questions and reviews.
- Pushing on reading list service.
- All the reviews.
Projects for this cycle:
- Push migrate legacy Sync 1.1 devices across the finish line
- Mostly landed, tracked by bug migratesyncandroid
- Mopping up bugs, adding Telemetry
- Make FxA provide OAuth implicit grants for Fennec consumers, tracked by bug 1117829
- Minimal progress
- Implement Firefox Accounts for iOS
- Tracked by bug iosfxa
- Met with fxa-content-server team (ckarlof, stomlinson, vladikoff, zaach) to discuss jelly doughnut approach
- dveditz raised security concerns of hosted content; working those in to my evaluation
- Make sure |mach bootstrap| for mobile/android works
- Looks like we're good here! Documentation lives at https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Fennec/Android/IDEs#IntelliJ_or_Android_Studio_with_Gradle
- 1117357 - Failure of |mach bootstrap| on OS X to install Android NDK
- 1119051 - Regression: Old Sync hangs after Bug 956444
- Broken build :(
- Full focus on Reader Mode - first iteration in PR
- Working on setting up that Xcode Server (blocks on SSL and DNS things IT needs to do)
- Misc UI fixes/tweaks
- 937253 - Android home screen shortcuts should switch-to-tab if the page is already open
- 946957 - Intermittent testSessionOOMRestore | Page title is correct - got , expected page6
- 1118747 - Autophone - S1S2 -Throbber stop regression on 2015-01-05
- 1121318 - HelperApps.getAppsForUri should ignore well-known internal schemes
- bug 1120004: Started on updates to Reader mode controls UI
- bug 1098596: L enhancement bugs
- Search UI bugs
- iOS UX sketching
- Kick off/ sync up type meetings RE: Passwords, Reading List/Mode, Task Continuity
- Fennec hoodie!: https://mobile.etherpad.mozilla.org/fennec-zip-up-order
- Sketches → Sketch for flow. Laying out all screens, menus, options.
Will add to my 105 process page (http://people.mozilla.org/~randersen/105/) after today's meeting with UX.
- Hoping to get to iPad this week.
- continuing to refine the macro view of iOS app (http://invis.io/2F1Z97APH) ← please give me feedback in #mobile or directly if you have any :)
- starting to look at pieces of the UI in more detail
- sanity check on v1 features and making sure we have a 'home' for everything before we go into high fidelity (as well as considering v2+ features so we aren't rebuilding things unnecessarily)
- lots of password manager and reading list meetings this week as well
- 38 list for Nightly - will be tracking status on these items as of next weeks meetings.
- Did a review yesterday on what's merging - anything look wrong to you? Last minute items held back not shown here?
- iOS Trello board can be found here - still a work in progress.