- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next merge: 2014-02-03
Topics for This Week
- Startup Performance
- Last week we talked about the ongoing work to improve pageload performance. We also started looking at startup profiles and filed a meta bug for making improvements. Several bugs have been filed and are in-progress. Please take a read this mailing post to learn how you can do your own profiling or at least look over the posted profiles.
- Wanted to point out some crashes that could use a look. (1) NPE in LayerView.setZoomConstraints (bug 936008) (2) ConcurrentModificationException in NotificationHelper.clearAll (needs a bug).
- Welcome Eugen Sawin
- Joining the mobile platform team and will be in Mountain View this week and next, afterwards he'll be working from home in Germany.
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- Daniel Holbert filed and fixed bug 958734 - Add extra layer of parens to fix JS warning in JSDOMParser.js
- Christian Legnitto filed and fixed bug 935377 - Firefox should fix common scheme typos (a change that makes all Firefox better on all platforms!)
- Veeti fixed bug 951024 - Provide haptic feedback on text selection
- capella fixed 951943 - SelectionHandler._updateCacheForSelection() Error
- Isura fixed bug 944165 - Implement remaining functions in JUnit API
- Errietta fixed bug 948899 - Move inline scripts and styles into separate file for about:addons
- nbleasdale fixed bug 957052 - Move remaining event handlers in about:feedback to JS
- Peiyong Lin fixed bug 943021 - Safebrowsing service should use fallible arrays for its buffers
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- 958129 - Talos regression SVG-ASAP 4% on Android 4.0, 4% on Android 2.2 on Jan 7 2014
- 958823 - Three.js canvas renderer is super-slow in Firefox compared to Chrome on Android
bug 939276 - [SkiaGL] [Feature] Support multiple Skia DrawTargets backed by a single GLContext
- bug 907179 - Tune APZC displayport heuristics
- bug 909877 - [meta] Turn on APZC for all of gaia
- bug 951113 - Application is not repainted correctly when the keyboard is dismissed once the screen is off
- bug 952170 - FX OS crash in mozilla::dom::TabChild::UpdateTapState(mozilla::WidgetTouchEvent const&, nsEventStatus)
- bug 957188 - [APZC] The click events are lost in some situations
- bug 957668 - Change the displayport representation in layout to be layerpixel margins rather than csspixel offset/size
Chris Lord (cwiiis)
- BHR dashboard
- Some guiding around new contributors
- bug 877954 Adapt video encode resolution & framerate according to available bandwidth and CPU use
- More Load Adaption
- FOSDEM presentation
- bug 951782 Firefox 26 for Android crashes on HTC Desire Z
- Can't be caught by telemetry. Does FHR measure this?
- Done: Bug 949458 - (Nexus 7 2012) - the tabs button is wrongly displayed after open a link in new tab
- Done (pending review): Bug 917896 - Replace progress throbber with a progress bar
- In progress: Bug 942270 - Add Quickshare buttons to Context menu
- bug 957131 - Synced bookmarks appear in guest mode but not in default profile
- bug 958109 - Overlapping of checkbox and label on prompt
- bug 947073 - Phishing Warning hides "Why is this page blocked" under "ignore warning"
- bug 949613 - Scrolled off title-bar is shown when prior it is hidden after an action or dismissal of use of the text-selection action-bar
- bug 955861 - Long-tapping on reader mode toolbar icons triggers text selection mode
<Read Only> Fixed:
- bug 953272 - Prompt bug fixed
- bug 955886 - Toolbar margin bug fixed for Fullscreen API
- bug 776027 - Web Activities API bridge to Android Intents
- Landed toolbar refactoring: https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/mobile-firefox-dev/2014-January/000483.html
- bug 957992 - Document toolbar high-level architecture
- bug 958185 - Rename Page* terminology to Panel* in the home package
- bug 949172 - Implement backend to load and save HomePager configuration
- bug 958171 - HomePager doesn't handle live config changes properly
- Tons of patch reviews
- More about:home hacking
- More patch reviews
- bug 950610 - Add "Share" and "Add to Home Screen" to pinned sites context menus
- bug 959290 - Make ContentProvider for Reading List
- bug 959297 - Get description and approx. reading time for reading list items
- bug 889351 - Show excerpts in about:home's Reading List panel
- bug 942875 HomePager Settings UI - Support disabled panels, defaults
- bug 918015 - Rolling throbber
- finish Settings UI, support reordering in bug 942231
- Home list/panel design discussions and hacking
- Bugs here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Projects/Third-party_service_integration_MVP
- Meeting notes here: https://mobile.etherpad.mozilla.org/firefox-hub
- Working on sync promo banner snippet - bug 958891
- bug 956858 - Menu is incorrectly accessible via hardware menu button in editing mode
- bug 943515 - Fix conflicting naming conventions in favicons.Favicons (part 2)
- bug 946656 - Intermittent investigation on UITest - Browser Blank Page 02 or 03 - got http://mochi.test:8888/tests/robocop/robocop_blank_02.html, expected Browser Blank Page 02 also with 03
- bug 938824 - Remove reflection from testSearchSuggestions
- Herding bug 941155 (fix talos on mobile to have pageloader tests working in regular mode and nochrome mode) along
- bug 942283 - HomeList RSS addon
- bug 939350 - Create Python linter wrapper
- bug 959652 - BrowserHealthReporter startup perf
- Might have fixed the DB locked on upgrade bug, thanks to kbrosnan for finding the stack!
- Working on saving some disk space via image crushing etc.
- Reviewing desktop FxA+Sync stuff.
- Random desktop and mobile Sync spec stuff.
- Dozens of random bugs and emails.
bug 923950: got r+ on fix for Beta; asking for uplift of relevant code to Aurora.
bug 951865: new patches up to address this.
bug 927388: looking into just doing this as follow-up.
- got feedback on first try build from edwong;
- lots of UI progress with alam; plan is still to land first cut by EOW;
- enlisted rnewman to build more of the things, because the ticket list is growing, not shrinking.
- bug 944045 - geckoview example makefile should handle deps better
- wrote standalone WebRTC client
- Pageload and startup profiling and patching
- Second screen Roku work (so close)
- FxA overhead
- PTO on Friday
- Sync / FxAccounts
- Working with Ryan and Anthony in UX to nail down Android flows - mostly done
- Offering suggestions on equivalent desktop flows
- Homepage + 3rd party service work
- Looking forward to our hack week in SF!
- Tablet refresh - starting our first UX sprint!
- Sprint Goal: Determine the best overall form factor for:
- switching between multiple pages
- creating a new tab
- Some background on our focus areas and working process https://firefox-ux.etherpad.mozilla.org/tablets-2014
- More updates to come each week!
- Sprint Goal: Determine the best overall form factor for:
- Couple of things have come up around optimizing file sizes
- Project Chameleon
- Visual design unification project
- Expect to see visual tweaks starting to pop up in coming months
- Thinking about what we could explore next on TVs / Roku
- Form Auto-fill designs: (looking for feedback!)
- Currently exploring research for Tab Switching UI (mobile).
- is still here
- bug 934756 landed and stuck (but disabled at build/runtime)
- team working on followups
- will enable feature on Tuesday, January 21 (for Wednesday, January 22 nightly builds)
- automatic updates
- patch attached to bug 934760
- pending review from WesJ and Fabrice
- developer testing/debugging
- in progress
- APK Factory service
- Reftests running on Android 4.0 Opt beginning today -- bug 929447
- Startup crashes affecting some tests -- bug 959254