- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next merge: 2015-02-23
Topics for This Week
- Firefox for iOS
- Team meeting this week in SF. In addition to some stable UX direction on remaining functional areas, we are also starting some bug triage and doing some face-to-face dev work. This week should also see the start of the internal dogfooding program.
- Tab Mirroring
- We disabled Tab Mirroring on Beta and Release in bug 1133012. For more information see bug 1131084.
- Next Build:
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
- Next Build:
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- Michael Holloway fixed bug 924009 - Add check for whether preferences are defined before checking for lightweight theme preference
- AndyP fixed bug 1099500 - Potential memory leak in browser.js due to faulty toast notification handling, bug 1134015 - The button toasts are broken, and bug 982797 - Robocop: Switch tests from using waitForTest to waitForCondition.
- mbrubeck fixed bug 1097337 - Set the Android 5 statusbar color
- vivek fixed bug 1129181 - Make Remote Tabs split pane swipe to refresh apply to both clients and tabs in landscape mode
- dominique fixed bug 1130630 - Move zoomed_view_stub from shared_ui_components to gecko_app
- imjalpreet is working on bug 938845 - Merge StringHelper and org.mozilla.gecko.* Strings.
- psd is working on bug 1122331 - Move statically initialized String values from StringHelper constructor to declaration
- lyle-luan finished bug 1134050 - Search history in the awesomescreen
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
<Read Only> (on leave)
- Investigated bug 1131084 - Can not mirror tab to Chromecast device. Appears WebRTC is no longer works as expected on Chromecast. No work around found
- Investigated using Android Presentation API and MediaRouter API to enable tab mirroring to Chromecast.
- Hack fennec to enable screen sharing to chrome cast from within the application using the media router.
- Investigate using the Presentation SurfaceView to render just the tabs content to the chromecast.
- IME (in general, but also specifically the following bugs)
- bug 1093815 - Use AndroidPlatformDecoder for standalone MP3 on Android
- Blocked on new source reader interface
- WIP: bug 1132795 - Use Carthage for dependency management
- WIP: bug 1134262 - Figure out a way to encapsulate Browser's WKWebView
- WIP: bug 1131284 - Create pager UI for home panels
- bug 1132181 - Remove SettingsPanel XIB
- bug 1133918 - Use SDWebImage for list image loading. Smooth list scrolling
- bug 1129631 - Theme for tabs tray. Initial visual pass here. Some new changes from UX.
- bug 1130609 and bug 1134010 - Scroll urlbar (and toolbar) with the page. Still lots of improvements needed.
- Passwords work day, hacking on Doorhangers, discussing recipe design/syntax
- Onboarding discussion
- Reviews, mentoring
- Still chugging away at reader mode/reading list bugs
- Gave a talk about task.js: http://leibovic.github.io/async-js/
- 1120735 - Implement desktop reader mode controls
- 1128724 - "Print" reader mode theme name is confusing
- 1129989 - ReaderParent.jsm doesn't need to be pre-processed
- 1131458 - ReaderMode button in the URLbar isn't accessible
- Reading list.
- Meetings et al.
Projects for this cycle:
- Migrating legacy Sync 1.1 devices testing started last week, no issues immediately
- Pushing FxA support for Reading List
- Implement Firefox Accounts for iOS
- |mach bootstrap| for mobile/android should be good for OS X and Linux now
- Building with Gradle
- Uploading geckolibs AAR file to TBPL is under review bug 1093242
- 1123107 - Amend Firefox Account setup flow to allow users to configure only reading list
- 1123116 - Generalize FxAccountStatusFragment to support reading list
- 1131635 - crash in java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.home.RemoteTabsSplitPlaneFragment.updateUiFromClients(RemoteTabsSplitPlaneFragment.java)
Away next week.
- Finished first iteration of reading list data store, home panel, open from reading list
- Temporary: You can add to your reading list by long pressing on the bookmark star
- Finishing dogfood setup (today)
- Fixes for Carthage
- Unbreak app extensions (they don't show anymore)
- Start working on a new UI piece (or: Reading List protocol?)
- beware sing-a-long updates might be coming!
- FHR passwords bug is now mine
- dispute has been resolved with data collection
- autocomplete=off through review & try
- digging into keypress bug with MattN
- Mobile only
- shout out to AndyP who picked up a bug from my list
- Bug 1124711 - Site identity popup overlaps the URL Bar on phone landed
- caused a regression where the triangle is detached from the popup box
- Feeling a little like the [chicken] to geo-ip search's creepy monkey:
- 825483 - Reduce bfcache size on low memory devices
- 1117186 - fix geo-specific search defaults interaction with the defaultEngine getter
- 1130694 - Opening the TabsTray causes all tab thumbnails to refresh and save to the DB
- 1133012 - Disable tab mirroring on RELEASE
- Reader View & Reading List (cross platforms co-ordination)
- Passwords co-ordination
- bug 1127517: Consolidating color palette for Android
- iOS mocks
- UR in Las Vegas for Task Continuity analysis. Met with 4 households (2-3 participants each). Highlights include sharing laptops, mixing OS (Android smartphone/OS Desktop, PC Desktop/iOS devices), handwritten password keeping, emailing themselves links, taking screenshots on Instagram to share.
- Reader View - more iterations (prototypes).
- iOS workweek
- Further Reader View prototyping, finalizing (design spec).
- FxA flow.
- In SF for iOS work week
- Current state of iOS UX Work: http://invis.io/HA254M642
- met with Michael Maslaney to discuss visual language and iconography for iOS v1
- working through UX items on this list: https://firefox-ux.etherpad.mozilla.org/ios-sprint-feb15