- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
Topics for This Week
- Next Build:
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
- Next Build:
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- Jeff Lu fixed bug 1076692 - Tapping on URL bar does not dismiss the tabs tray
- Capella is making progress on using gecko text selection carets - bug 988143
- (iOS) dusek
- bug 1158509 - Reading List item does not announce if it is read/unread with accessibility
- bug 1158508 - Reading List cell actions not invokable with VoiceOver
- bug 1158507 - Location label in url bar does not provide the webpage address for accessibility (says just "URL")
- bug 1151504 - Location view not visited by Switch Control
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Helped :padenot with NEON issues
- Investigated OpenH264 issues related to 1.4 update
- Working on fixing bug 1141693, which prevents GMP (and OpenH264) from working on Android 5.0+
- More messing with paint suppression
- Tried to follow along with APZ work
- We eliminated the second nsWindow, which has simplified the event dispatching and aligns us closer to other platforms.
- bug 1153803 - Autophone Test failure test_can_play_type_mpeg.html | audio/mpeg= - got maybe, expected
- bug 1159262 - Crash with libEGL.so on stack Android 4.3/4.4 s1s2/webappstartup
won't be at meeting
- Investigated startup perf / page load perf
- Working on a trace profile of Gecko during startup and page load
- Last week:
- Next week:
- More sandboxing/MediaManager
- MP3 demuxer (bug 1093815, bug 1153731)
- Current status: playback OK, seeking unstable
- Improved seeking support
- Next: land first iteration on Nightly, improve seeking
- Found issue with pref loading for values containing external URLs (bug 1158131), testing fix options on Try
- Still working on fix for the blank content view on load issue (bug 1129074)
- bug 1157394 - Fix TabTrayController memory leaks
- bug 1148666 - Reload table after rotating search view
- bug 1145402 - Reload the WebView upon selection if the URL is nil
- bug 1157922 - Hi-res search engine icons for iOS
- Writing more UI tests
- Next: Localized search engines
- bug 1130522 - [META] IOS-30 - Security/Privacy - Clear private data
- bug 1145399 - Untitled bookmarks appear blank.
- bug 1153330 - Move tabs/sessions to profile. Not doing what this bug describes, but local tab storage is happening.
- bug 1159319 - Use constraints for snackbar animations. Landing.
- bug 1147071 - Use encrypted database storage for passwords. Working on it.
- bug 1159380 - Show errors when we can't download
- Last of the doorhanger bugs for 40
- Adding a fallback for selecting non-autofilled login
- So many reviews
- 1107590 - Add entry point to Site Settings from Site Identity popup
- 1151505 - Doorhanger can appear while browser toolbar is scrolled off screen
- 1157865 - Tablet: Anchor Site Identity popup under back button
- Reader view robocop test - bug 1158885
- Remove foot-gun developer tool settings - bug 1154504
- Next: New home panel layout types - bug 1157539
- 1154028 - Make sure reader view UI styles don't accidentally get applied to readability content
- 1154504 - Reconsider exposing paint flashing to the user
- 1155083 - A portion of the reader view toolbar is still displayed when scrolling down on landscape
- 1158194 - Use scoped styles to avoid conflicts between styles for reader view content and controls
- 1158885 - Reader view sanity check test
- Search engine bar
- Misc. regressions from features I've worked on. D: Damn you, fragmentation!
- 1134484 - Implement v1 color palette
- 1152314 - The 'back' button on the upper left corner from the settings menu does not do anything on some devices
- 1157534 - HomeBanner draws behind BrowserSearch, causing overdraw
- Partner distro stuff etc.
- iOS Sync: tabs down, commands, down, now working on history.
- Interviews and PTO.
Projects for this cycle:
- Implement Firefox Accounts for iOS: bug iosfxa
- Landed Adjust SDK: bug 1143888
- Contributor mentoring:
- 1156894 - Update Firefox Account status when the Settings panel is opened
- 1157376 - Don't link to /settings when Account state is healthy
- 1159030 - Show debug settings in non-release builds after user action
It's my birthday (tomorrow) - WOOHOO!!
- Investigating SVG support - follow up to file
Working on iOS. Highlights: TestFlight. Error Pages. WKWebView's Reading List. Reading View Toolbar Scrolling.
- doorhanger aurora bug(s)
- opinions on message passing on android? Talk my ear off
- assorted ui polish bugs & reviews
- (intensive) Password user interviews this week
- how do people think/manage/use passwords on the web & elsewhere
- Monthly firefox Data Stewards meeting upcoming
- questions, concerns, things you need, let me know by the end of the week
- 1143888 - Integrate the Adjust campaign tracking SDK into Firefox
- 1154960 - For completeness, Fennec should explicitly block the DOM SiteSpecificUserAgent.js file from packaging
- Error template - http://invis.io/PT2TAXXEW
- Interstitials (loading animations)
- Revisiting bug 1147453 Need an indication saying an article has been added to my list when I long-press the Reader View icon in the URL bar
- Revisiting iPad
- tab counter animation (https://github.com/mozilla/firefox-ios/pull/399)
- added transparency to all home panels (https://github.com/mozilla/firefox-ios/pull/379)
- a bunch of small PRs for UX issues and bringing things closer to the design spec
- some design work for feedback and help links in settings
- still pushing on the tab tray transition, needs to be better
- some discussion around toolbar scrolling and on-boarding behaviours
- Android 4.3 Opt tests running on treeherder: https://gbrownmozilla.wordpress.com/2015/04/23/android-4-3-opt-tests-running-on-trunk-trees/
- SETA enabled for Android 2.3 - https://elvis314.wordpress.com/2015/02/06/seta-search-for-extraneous-test-automation/
Have to drop a few early. For your reading pleasure...
- This was a funnel review week. 41 & 42 stories are fairly fleshed out and can be seen in Aha!
- Also note that 40 is basically empty in terms of new features in Trello. Majority of the work done for the 40 cycle was uplifted!
- Android Roadmap in Aha!
- New Android Trello Board
- Was reporting iOS as 'Orange' for the June 2nd Campaign launch, but upcoming discussion around possibility of decoupling from the greater campaign timeline would make this 'Red' for June 2nd.
- iOS Status Report for this week
- iOS Roadmap in Aha!
- New iOS Trello Board