- 1 Hot items
- 2 Roadmap & Funnel update
- 3 Feature Focus
- 4 Partner review
- 5 Feedback
- 6 User Research
- 7 Marketing
- 8 Roundtable
- 9 Feature Demos
- 10 References
Roadmap & Funnel update
- Content notifications including experiments landed (Nightly)
- Planned how to move forward with screenshots inside Fennec
- Outcome and result statements for current initiatives (request from Sheila/Mayo)
- Meeting with FlyWeb team
- Chat with UX/marketing about first run as just one part of onboarding, further work on e.g. contextual hints needed
- Chat about Add-Ons promotion
Longitudinal unique users observations: History and Bookmarks in Menu since 46 (Beta beginning of March)
However, more users tapped on History than Bookmarks in Menu
- Released Firefox for iOS v3.0 on March 30th
- V4.0 FC Target is Today, April 5th
- Researched an issue with potential data corruption on upgrade from 2.x to 3.0 (estimated very low impact, likely only TF users). Potential candidate for 3.1 release.
- Reviewed Bookmarks and feedback analysis with iOS team; action plan
- Discussed goals and requirements of emailing Test Flight users with DEG (the target system for mass emailing to users)
- Kick-off with DEG happening this week
- Prioritized UT and content blocking for iOS app
- Involvement in efforts to improve sync data integrity - iOS Proposal is being worked on
If not already discussed above, a quick check on selected key projects:
- Migrating Reading List from a home panel to bookmarks
- First-run tour: confirming probes to provide results for A/B test
- Activity stream: nothing new to report
- Monitoring / notifying Web for new content: landed in Nigthly :)
In-meeting updates: Karen
Status can be found on Mana
- Workflows Research:
- Spent last week in Toronto with the field team conducting analysis.
- Created participant profiles (PII)
- Next Steps: Continue analysis, draft findings report, plan North American research.
- Monthly Mobile:
- Tablet Study - Diary Study this week. Vidyo interviews next week.
- We will be circulating a sign-up sheet for anyone who like to join an interview and help with note-taking (Date/Time TBD).
- UR Hiring:
- We've had about 100 applicants and will be following up with 24.
- Gemma starts phone interviews this week.
- Office Hours:
- Nothing planned, but I'll be hanging out and happy to talk about any current work (Workflows Analysis, Tablet Monthly Mobile Study, Hiring, etc.).
- [MP] FlyWeb and other Location-awareness discussions occurred last week, follow-ups need to be done
- [MP] Maria is on PTO this week
- [MF] Simple analysis of add-on usage in Firefox for Android (release channel).
- Of ~150K unique users in the sample, only 6887 had add-ons installed.
- Top add-ons are Adblock Plus (21%), uBlock Origin (7%) and Flash Video Downloader (4%).
- Of those with at least one add-on installed, 61% had one add-on and 27% had two add-ons installed.
- Nothing planned this week, but prepping one for next week!
Android Notable Links
- Fennec Roadmap in Aha!
- Click Here to suggest new features for the Fennec Roadmap
- Bugs closed or resolved in last 7 days
iOS Notable Links
- iOS Roadmap in Aha!
- Click Here to suggest new features for the iOS Roadmap
- V2.0 Schedule in Smartsheet. Sign in with mozilla email and request access.
- iOS Program Status Reports