Mobile/Projects/My List: Sync read-state and location
- Meta-bug to be filed
The goals of this project are two-fold:
- Enhance the existing My List feature to track and store read-state (read, unread) read-location.
- Sync read-state and read-location between devices along with the rest of the My List content.
Use cases & user stories
- When I open My List, I want it to be clear which articles/items I've read or watched, which I'm partway through reading or watching, and which I haven't yet read or watched, so I know which content I've already consumed.
- If I open My List on another device and I have set up My List syncing, I want the read state and read location to be synced from my other devices, so I know which content I've already consumed even if I consumed it on another device.
- When I open a partially read/watched item from My List, I want it to open at the last read/watched location, so I can just continue consuming the content from where I left off.
- When I have partially or completely read/watched an item on My List, I want the ability to mark it as "Unread" (or whatever more sensible equivalent we come up with) so I can remind myself to re-read or re-watch it later.
- When I have partially read/watched an item on My List, I want the ability to mark it as "Read" (or whatever more sensible equivalent we come up with) so I can get it out of the Unread list without having to completely consume the content.
- Not handed off yet
Research & references
- No user-perceptible performance degradation
- All goals are met
- All user stories are implemented & tested