Beginnings of a tap-and-hold menu triggering interface...
- could be used either with or without a permanent top- or bottom-edge anchored toolbar
- using it with a toolbar means that we can hide the toolbar on pagescrolling without worrying about the controls being out of reach
- using it without a toolbar - we could have the actions that require more input bring up more HUD style controls (location/search bar or bookmarking interface)
Basic Tap-Hold Invocation
(shown with toolbar)
Tap and hold to invoke menu
possibly with some indication that something is happening while you wait:
The wait time should be not more than a second, but more than a 0.1 of a second -- we'll want to try out some different durations.
Tap to choose
- "back" and "forward" do the obvious thing
- "Go/Search" either brings up and focuses an existing toolbar-based location bar or brings up a floating HUD-style entry area (more in next section)
- bookmarking can work the way starring does now -- low interaction "remember this page" with further editing allowed somehow
Use without a permanent toolbar
possible route for follow-up options (actually use second tap rather than drag):