Mozilla QA Community:Firefox/Tbird22.214.171.124 Community Test Day
- 1 Welcome to the Firefox 126.96.36.199/Thunderbird 2.0 Beta 1 & Firefox/Thunderbird 188.8.131.52 Community Test Day!!
Welcome to the Firefox 184.108.40.206/Thunderbird 2.0 Beta 1 & Firefox/Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 Community Test Day!!
Thank you for participating in this test day. The success of Firefox and Thunderbird is heavily dependent on community members like you. We appreciate your support!!
When you are done, please send feedback to . We are very interested to hear about how the test day went, any overall thoughts about Firefox 18.104.22.168 and Firefox/Thunderbird 22.214.171.124, and roll up of issues found and bugs filed. We are also looking for ways to get more people involved, so any ideas or suggestions on how to make future events more interesting and fun are welcome too! :-)
The official time for the test day is Friday, December 8, 2006, from 7am - 5pm PST, but anyone can jump on Litmus at any time on any day!
For more information about this release, please check out the [Firefox 126.96.36.199/188.8.131.52 Testing Page]. You will find the current schedule, test plan, and specific areas you can help us test.
Where do I start?
- Go to your favorite IRC client:
- Connect to irc.mozilla.org -- In most clients, this is done by typing /server irc.mozilla.org and hitting Enter.
- Join the #testday channel -- In most clients, typing /join #testday will get you into the channel.
Ok, I am in the channel, now what?
- Let the moderators know if you have any questions or encounter any problems. If you are not familiar with our bugzilla bug tracking system, feel free to report your problems to a moderator and they can log any bugs for you.
What build should I test?
We will be testing the following:
Latest Firefox 184.108.40.206 candidate builds: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/220.127.116.11-candidates
Latest Firefox and Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 candidate builds:
Thunderbird 2 Beta 1 builds: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/2.0b1-candidates/rc2 If you find issues with Tbird please to the Thunderbird testing thread: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=2635594#2635594
What needs to be tested?
The easiest thing to do...
Try running a smoketest on any of the builds, or the Fun Smoketest (Surf's Up!)
Try running through any number of Basic Functional Tests (BFTs) that are available through Litmus, our test tracking system.
For those that want to do a bit more exploring...
You can do some exploratory testing around some of the new features or bug fixes. There are plenty of them, so pick a few and then try:
- Reading through the bug comments to get a better understanding of the problem
- Try any testcases in the bug to see if they work for you or create your own simplified testcase or steps to reproduce.
- Find features, components, areas, etc to test that might be effected by the fix and verify that everything works as expected.
- If you want, you can leave a comment in the bug, or just include your results in the notes you send to us.
If you decide to test on your own, please try to make note of any bugs you have looked at, any testcases you have run, and any other info about your testing. When you're done, please email us at  with your results.
If you discover a bug or regression that you feel is critical, please let us know on the #testday IRC channel ASAP!
Where do I find Litmus?
- Go to Litmus
- log in and then select run tests
- You can do a smoketest or a Basic Functional Test, it is entirely up to you!
- Talk to a moderator if you need help.
- Please make sure to choose the correct platform when you start your run.
Who will be moderating the #testday channel?
The moderator's nicks are:
How do I file bugs?
First of all, let one of the moderators know so they can check if it is already a known problem. Then they can guide you to either provide more details, update an existing bug or file a new bug. If filing a new bug, please do a quick check to see if the bug already exists. This can easily be done by searching for the error message, window name, or some over identifing feature of the bug.
How do I send feedback?
Please use the  to send feedback about how the testday went, any overall thoughts about Firefox or Thunderbird 22.214.171.124/Firefox 126.96.36.199/Thunderbird 2 Beta 1, and roll up of issues found and bugs filed. We really appreciate your help today and your feedback is very valuable.
Once the testday is complete, results will be available here: