Mozilla QA Community:Firefox 1.5 RC3 Community Test Day
- 1 Welcome to the Thunderbird 1.5RC2 Community Test Day!
- 2 Welcome to the Firefox 1.5 RC3 Community Test Day!!
Welcome to the Thunderbird 1.5RC2 Community Test Day!
Information will be posted here soon regarding the upcoming test day.
Welcome to the Firefox 1.5 RC3 Community Test Day!!
Thank you for participating in this test day. The success of Firefox is heavily dependent on community members like you. We appreciate your support!!
When you are done, please send feedback to . We are very interested to hear about how the test day went, any overall thoughts about Firefox 1.5 RC3, and roll up of issues found and bugs filed.
Where do I start?
- Go to your favorite IRC client
- Connect to irc.mozilla.org
- join the #testday channel
Ok, I am in the channel, now what?
- Ask for an area to test. One of the moderators will help guide you to a useful area to test. If you have a specific area you want to test you can do it through one of our test procedures with automatic logging pass/fail and comments. Or you can test on your own. Just work with one of the Moderators.
- Let the moderators know if you have any questions or encounter any problems. If you are not familiar with our bugzilla bug tracking system, feel free to report your problems to a moderator and they can log any bugs for you.
- Let the moderator know when you are done so we can release any test ids and wrap up any questions you or the moderator may have about your testing.
What build should I test?
We will be testing the Firefox RC3 build, which was released 11/17/05. Here are links to the various platforms:
If you are using an earlier build (Beta2, RC1 or RC2), feel free to test out our great software update feature to bring yourself up to RC3.
Where do I find testrunner test procedures?
- Talk to a moderator before starting a testrunner run. We need to make sure testers do not over write each other's results.
- There will be 10 test runs for Firefox, on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Please make sure to choose the correct platform when you start your run.
Who will be moderating the #testday channel?
The moderator's nicks are:
How do I file bugs?
First of all, let one of the moderators know so they can check if it is already a known problem. Then they can guide you to either provide more details, update an existing bug or file a new bug. If filing a new bug, please do a quick check to see if the bug already exists. This can easily be done by searching for the error message, window name, or some over identifing feature of the bug.
How do I send feedback?
Please use the  to send feedback about how the testday went, any overall thoughts about Firefox 1.5 RC3, and roll up of issues found and bugs filed. We really appreciate your help today and your feedback is very valuable.