Mozilla QA Community:Firefox 2003/15011 Community Test Day
- 1 Welcome to the Firefox 126.96.36.199 & 188.8.131.52 RC Community Test Day!
- 2 FAQ
- 3 Results
Welcome to the Firefox 184.108.40.206 & 220.127.116.11 RC Community Test Day!
The official time for the test day is Friday, March 9, 2007, from 7am - 5pm PST, but you can try out Litmus any time!
When you are done, please send feedback to . We want to know how your test day went, what issues were found, and which bugs you filed. We are also looking for ways to get more people involved, so any ideas or suggestions on how to make future events more interesting and fun are welcome too! :-)
For more information about this release, please check out the Firefox 18.104.22.168/22.214.171.124 tracking page. You will find the current schedule, test plan, and specific areas you can help us test.
Thanks for helping us and being a part of the Mozilla QA Community!
Where do I start?
- Use your favorite IRC client:
- Connect to irc.mozilla.org
- In most clients, this is done by typing /server irc.mozilla.org and hitting Enter.
- Join the #testday channel
- In most clients, typing /join #testday will get you into the channel.
Ok, I am in the channel, now what?
- Let the moderators know if you have any questions or encounter any problems.
- If you are not familiar with our Bugzilla bug tracking system, feel free to report your problems to a moderator and they can log any bugs for you.
- Get to know others in the channel and have fun!
What build/release should I test?
Firefox Release Candidate Builds:
- We are still waiting for official RC builds. Until they are available, please use the latest nightly builds.
Firefox Nightly Builds:
What needs to be tested?
The easiest thing to do...
- Browse the web and visit the sites you normally would. Make sure things work as expected.
- Test Password Manager. Make sure saving and deleting login info works. Verify that sites you have saved login info for automatically fill in the info. Try sites for which you have a single account and also sites that you have mutliple accounts for.
- Test Backbase sites, including http://www.backbase.com and any others you can find on the web. (Challenge: Try to identify other AJAX sites that did not work properly with 126.96.36.199 and verify that they do with 188.8.131.52)
- Test some Firefox Add-ons. Try out a few new ones and see if you like them. Make sure your favorite ones work as expected.
- Visit 20 random sites from the Alexa Top 500 and explore them. Look for any unusual problems with content or layout. Bookmark a few if you find them interesting. ;-)
If you want to do more...
- Go to Litmus, our test tracking system.
- Try running a smoketest on any of the builds, or the Fun Smoketest (Surf's Up!)
- Try running through any number of Basic Functional Tests (BFTs)
- If you are using Windows Vista, run the Windows Vista Test Suite
- In Litmus it is listed under Firefox/2.0/Branch
- Hammer on default browser settings, things such as:
- Making Firefox the default browser, then switching to IE and switching back
- Setting Opera or Seamonkey as the default browser ->Back to Firefox
- Set Firefox as default and all browsers closed, launch an http, https or ftp link from the Start|Search area under the Start menu.
- Set Firefox as the default through the app,and also through the Vista OS (Default Program Settings)
For those that want to do a bit more exploring...
You can do some exploratory testing around some of the new features or bug fixes.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=371925 - Try both testcases in the bug to make sure you see the correct behavior with 184.108.40.206.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=371576 - Try loading http://www.backbase.com to make sure the site works. Go to other sites that use Backbase and verify they work as well. Such sites did not work with 220.127.116.11, but you should have no problems with 18.104.22.168.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=371525 - Test saving passwords for multiple accounts on the same site using the Password Manager. Visits to the website should properly fill the password when you select one of your account login usernames. 22.214.171.124 did not prefill the password in the case of multiple logins, but 126.96.36.199 should work.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=370136 - Test importing security certs and visiting sites that honor either of them. You should not see any errors if you follow the steps in the bug. There is no one testcase, so try to find a case that fails in 188.8.131.52/184.108.40.206 and works in 220.127.116.11.
There are plenty of them, so pick a few and then try:
- Reading through the bug comments to get a better understanding of the problem
- Try any testcases in the bug to see if they work for you or create your own simplified testcase or steps to reproduce.
- Find features, components, areas, etc to test that might be effected by the fix and verify that everything works as expected.
- If you want, you can leave a comment in the bug, or just include your results in the notes you send to us.
If you decide to test on your own, please try to make note of any bugs you have looked at, any testcases you have run, and any other info about your testing. When you're done, please email us at  with your results.
If you discover a bug or regression that you feel is critical, please let us know on the #testday IRC channel ASAP!
Where do I find Litmus?
- Go to Litmus
- log in and then select run tests
- You can do a smoketest or a Basic Functional Test, it is entirely up to you!
- Talk to a moderator if you need help.
- Please make sure to choose the correct platform when you start your run.
Who will be moderating the #testday channel?
The moderator's nicks are:
How do I file bugs?
First of all, let one of the moderators know so they can check if it is already a known problem. Then they can guide you to either provide more details, update an existing bug or file a new bug. If filing a new bug, please do a quick check to see if the bug already exists. This can easily be done by searching for the error message, window name, or some over identifing feature of the bug.
How do I send feedback?
Please use the  to send feedback about how the testday went, any overall thoughts about the latest release, and roll up of issues found and bugs filed. We really appreciate your help today and your feedback is very valuable.
Once the testday is complete, results will be available here: