Mozilla QA Community:WinVista2 Community Test Day
- 1 Welcome to the Firefox 126.96.36.199pre on Windows Vista Community Test Day!!
- 1.1 What build should I test?
- 1.2 Which version of Win Vista should I be using?
- 1.3 Is there a Vista-specific testsuite in Litmus?
- 1.4 What will we be testing?
- 1.5 What about Thunderbird on Win Vista?
- 1.6 Where do I find Litmus?
- 1.7 Who will be moderating the #testday channel?
- 1.8 How do I file bugs?
- 1.9 How do I send feedback?
- 1.10 Results
Welcome to the Firefox 188.8.131.52pre on Windows Vista Community Test Day!!
Thank you for participating in this test day. The success of Firefox and Thunderbird is heavily dependent on community members like you. We appreciate your support!!
The official time for the test day is Friday, February 2, 2007, from 7am - 5pm PST, but anyone can jump on Litmus at any time on any day!
When you are done, please send feedback to . We are very interested to hear about how the test day went, any overall thoughts about Firefox 184.108.40.206pre. We are also looking for ways to get more people involved, so any ideas or suggestions on how to make future events more interesting and fun are welcome too! :-)
If you decide to test on your own, please try to make note of any bugs you have looked at, any testcases you have run, and any other info about your testing. When you're done, please email us at  with your results.
If you discover a bug or regression that you feel is critical, please let us know on the #testday IRC channel ASAP!
What build should I test?
We will likely be testing the following:
The reason we will be testing the trunk is because we want to verify Win Vista functionality first before landing on the 220.127.116.11 branch. If the Vista bugs look good on the trunk during the week, we may be testing the branch nightlies. If that is the case we will change the link above to reflect the latest branch nightlies.
Which version of Win Vista should I be using?
Please use the RTM version of Vista. Any flavor of Vista is fine, including Home Basic, Home Premium, Ultimate, etc.
Is there a Vista-specific testsuite in Litmus?
Yes, but it is still being built out. Go to http://litmus.mozilla.org and under Run Test, select Firefox and 2.0 branch. The Windows Vista testsuite should be in the dropdown along with the other sets of tests such as BFTs, Full functionals and smoketests.
Note: The test cases in the Vista testing suite should only be run if the bugs referenced in the test cases have landed on the trunk. Contact a Mozilla QA channel op during test day if you have questions about this.
What will we be testing?
As noted above, we need to test specific fixes that have been checked in related to the OS integration piece on Win Vista. More information will be posted here soon.
Bugs that should be checked into the trunk for the 2-02-07 build, and specific areas they cover:
- Coming soon
- Setting Firefox as the default browser, then launching http, https and ftp links from other applications and confirming that Firefox is default.
- Setting Firefox as the default browser, then switching the default browser back to IE by using Start | Default Programs. Confirm IE is the default, then switch back to Firefox as the Default Program using the same Default Program manager via the Start Panel on Vista. Launch some http, https and ftp links and confirm that Firefox has indeed been set back to the default browser.
- Test Setting Firefox as the default browser by using the pref within Firefox to check to see if the app is default - Tools | Options |System Defaults | Check Now
Search the Internet using Start
- start -> enter search term ->click Search the Internet on Vista
click Search the Internet on Vista. Confirm there is no error.
Top Site Testing
- Visit some of the Alexa top sites (http://alexa.com/) and verify that the sites load in Firefox. Some users have hit https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=363997, would be good to know how widespread this is.
Other Vista Testing
Feel free to run a smoketest or any other test of your choice in Litmus. Have fun - find bugs! Become a QA star!
What about Thunderbird on Win Vista?
Thunderbird 2 will be coming along soon, and we don't have all the Vista support in yet, so testing for the product specific to Win Vista will come along later.
Where do I find Litmus?
- Go to Litmus
- log in and then select run tests
- You can do a smoketest or a Basic Functional Test, it is entirely up to you!
- Talk to a moderator if you need help.
- Please make sure to choose the correct platform when you start your run.
Who will be moderating the #testday channel?
The moderator's nicks are:
How do I file bugs?
First of all, let one of the moderators know so they can check if it is already a known problem. Then they can guide you to either provide more details, update an existing bug or file a new bug. If filing a new bug, please do a quick check to see if the bug already exists. This can easily be done by searching for the error message, window name, or some over identifing feature of the bug.
How do I send feedback?
Please use the  to send feedback about how the testday went, any overall thoughts about Firefox 18.104.22.168/Firefox 22.214.171.124, and roll up of issues found and bugs filed. We really appreciate your help today and your feedback is very valuable.
Once the testday is complete, results will be available here: