Notices / Schedule
- work on your blockers
- code freeze on August 4
- please request approval before landing
- targeting next week for release
- please land your patches!
- if you don't land by 11:59pm tonight, your patch will not make it
- please fix your blockers!
- code freeze tomorrow EOD or thursday AM
- builds on thursday
- release targeted for Friday
- There are several bugs related to ireflow that bz must fix.
- Phase I of Compositor is to land after dbaron finishes review.
- All bugs that block the branch must be marked blocking-1.9.2+ and have P1 priority status. Please mark immediately.
Gecko 184.108.40.206 / Firefox 3.5.2
Gecko 1.9.2 / Namoroka
- 92 open blocking1.9.2? (-206), 93 open blocking1.9.2+ (+58)
- 82 open blocking-firefox3.6? (+3), 3 open blocking-firefox3.6+ (+0)
Browser / Front End
- Asynchronous location bar: will land in time for alpha
- Focus rewrite: regressions being tracked off of main bug 178324
- Form awesomecomplete: bug 370117 landed, and bug 446247 should be coming later today
- Responsiveness: in addition to fixed TSnappiness bugs, we also plan on getting bug 462809 completed by alpha to improve perception of performance
- Ctrl-tab: landed required changes, moved behind pref by bug 465076
- bug 753 landed, two regressions found and fixed the day after.
- Decode-on-draw looking very good, but won't make it for alpha or branch. Some layout and content dependencies/changes needed. bug 435296
- OpenGL backend work has started, but might be deprioritized for Electrolysis/Fennec bug bug 505847
- XBM file format being removed. bug 504822
- Compositor phase 1 landed; a few regressions, fixes in hand for all but perhaps one or two
- Removing widgets from <deck> for 1.9.2
- Feature logjam for 1.9.2: background-size, CSS gradients, -moz-image-rect
- fantasai patches for removing float continuations; probably not to land on 1.9.2
- mrbkap's COW wrappers landed and no one noticed, which is exactly what we wanted!
- bz is done with interruptible reflow crash regression fixing. Still some functional tweaks to do, but nothing super urgent.
- bnewman making progress improving the Java-to-C++ HTML5 parser translator (reducing generated code [bug 505602] by ~15kloc, addressing perf issues [bug 506090]).
- cjones making progress on infallible malloc.
- peterv keeps knocking %s off of Dromaeo.
Platform-specific Support Update
- Mac OS X fullscreen capabilities landed. Just needs Firefox UI to enable (see bug 505699).
- Cocoa NPAPI in review.
- Steven on vacation for a bit.
- Win7 taskbar features progressing, working on build sdk update for landings.
- Concurrent sweep added to GC. helps with animations.
- 11-13% additional dromaeo improvement on TM tree right now.
- Graydon et al. have a huge nanojit merge ready. What do we do with it?
- all multi-process activity preffed off by default to make unit tests go green and separate plugin and tab work
- Joe working on tilebrowser graphics... ETA?
- Other project spinning up, but slowly due to existing 1.9.2 sprints and security work
- intermittent woes:
- Electrolysis branch done
- Please start gently, while we watch overall load
- has usual builds/unittests, but not talos Details in bug 500755
- filling out Tracemonkey
- enabling mobile linux-arm builds tomorrow morning bug 505219
- unittests, talos coming next week?
- Note: mobile pool-of-slaves still unable to keep up with load; more devices coming after discussions on what model to get.
- One VM to robarnold for win7
- Spinning up more machines
- feature list for 1.9.2 (beltzner)
- test plans for 1.9.2 (beltzner)
- string freeze on mozilla 1.9.2 for mobile (Axel)